Chase Disney Visa Discounts

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Does anyone have a list of where we CAN get a discount with our Chase Disney Visas? This is all I can find on Chase's website is where we CAN'T get a discount...

10% Off Select Merchandise
Receive 10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at Walt Disney World® Resort.

You can enjoy this discount any time during normal Theme Park hours. Just use your valid Disney Visa Card or Disney Rewards® Redemption Card and mention this offer.

A $50 minimum pre-tax single transaction merchandise purchase is required to receive discount. Must use your valid Disney Visa Card and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card as payment form and mention this offer. Discount is not valid on previous purchases or on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney Gift Cards, Park Admission, Arcades, Disney Dollars, tobacco, alcohol, Outdoor Vending (e.g., in-Park balloon vendors, glow vendors), Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g., strollers, ECV), personalization, Disney PhotoPass™ online purchases, framed Disney Dollars, Artist Sketch Program, original or consignment art, select limited editions, select specialty items, purchase-with-purchase offers, newspapers/periodicals, videos, DVDs, CDs, sundries, pantry/prepared foods, digital/video/disposable cameras, film, consumer electronics, Titleist® and Cobra® golf equipment, National branded fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, Armani, Hummel, Swarovski® Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, select collectibles, handmade items, special orders, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Pirate League packages, phone, email or mail order purchases, shipping or taxes. Discount is not available at Cast Connection, Disney’s Character Premiere, Disney’s Character Warehouse or Walt Disney World® Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China, Japan, and Morocco Pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers, Basin®, Basin White, Blink by Wet Seal, Bongo’s Gift Shop, Cast Connection, Cirque du Soleil®, Curl™ by Sammy Duvall, Disney’s Character Premiere, Disney’s Character Warehouse, Fuego by Sosa Cigars, Ghirardelli® Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop, Hallelujah Arts, House of Blues®, Hoypoloi, Lefty’s, LEGO Imagination Center®, littlemissmatched™, Metals of Art, Name Works, ORLANDO HARLEY-DAVIDSON®, Pearl Factory, Planet Hollywood®, Pop Gallery, Rainforest Café®, Raglan Road Irish Shop, Rawling’s Making the Game, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Ridemakerz, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Something Silver, Sosa Family Cigars, Spice and Tea Exchange, Splitsville, Sunglass Icon®, Surrey Bike Rentals, T-REX®, Wholesale Leather, Wyland Galleries, and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort. Offer and offer elements including, but not limited to, participating locations and items, are subject to availability and additional restrictions, and may change or be canceled without notice. Not valid in combination with other offers, discounts or promotions. Separate admission may be required. Discount is for personal use only and may not be transferred or used to purchase merchandise with the intent to resell the merchandise.

AngryEyes

That reminds me of the movie The Jerk in the weight guessing scene.

Customer: What do I win?

Navin: Anything in this general area, right in here. Anything, below the stereo, and on this side of the Bicentennial glasses. Anything between the ashtray and the thimbles. Anything in this three inches. Right in here, this area, that includes the Chiclets, but not the erasers.

dreamfinder

Pretty much and store that is O/O by WDW, and on merchandise that is actually Disney parks merch. The exclusions list the stores that Disney doesn't O/O, as well as the merch that WDW either cannot inflate the prices on, or cannot discount. Companies like Hummel and Titleist often set limitations on price, so accepting the Visa discount on these items would cut into the profit margins, or prohibit discounts from being offered meaning Disney could no longer sell them if they offered discounts.

Figaro928

Sorry :( I just got my 1st Chase Disney Visa and I have a ton of questions ;)

Quite Alright!!

For your question - I'm pretty sure the general rule is any of the "generic" disney stores in the world takes the discount. (Think any stores that sell ears, pins and stuffed mickeys are safe bets) Any stores in the world that sell "non-disney" (think perfume; world showcase stuff in epcot) are most likely no-gos.

your local Disney Store takes a discount and so does the Disney store online, for most items.

Just be wary & make sure you mention it before you swipe - the discount is not an automatic given & there's nothing worse than having to wait for a price adjustment.

Chernaboggles

If I remember correctly, we used our Chase Visa for a discount at the Big Top souvenir store in MK's Storybook Circus area and Villains in Vogue at DHS. Don't be afraid to ask the cashiers, I always checked if my AP or Disney Visa would give a discount until I got the hang of where which of them worked.

dreamfinder

If I remember correctly, we used our Chase Visa for a discount at the Big Top souvenir store in MK's Storybook Circus area and Villains in Vogue at DHS. Don't be afraid to ask the cashiers, I always checked if my AP or Disney Visa would give a discount until I got the hang of where which of them worked.

Pro-tip - Most places that accept the Disney Visa also give an AP discount, they both have the same set of exclusions. The difference being the Visa is 10% off of $50. The AP is 10% off of any purchase. And to completely throw you for a loop, there are a few places where DVC actually gets a better discount, but in other places its worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom