Charges for WiFi connections?

DisneyPhD

Members and their guests staying on points do not get charged for internet usage. It's not wireless though. There is a cable in the room to connect to your computer.

fredrickr

If you want the convenience of wifi, just bring along your router and plug it in using the cable that Disney provides. I did that last month a SSR. It might have been easier for me since I have a Mac and have a Airport Extreme router that is the same size as the power block. But is was great being able to surf the web while sitting out on the balcony listening to the dj over at DTD! You just might want to increase the security levels on the router, since you don't want to have all of your neighbors having access to your computer. :animwink:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If you want the convenience of wifi, just bring along your router and plug it in using the cable that Disney provides. I did that last month a SSR. It might have been easier for me since I have a Mac and have a Airport Extreme router that is the same size as the power block. But is was great being able to surf the web while sitting out on the balcony listening to the dj over at DTD! You just might want to increase the security levels on the router, since you don't want to have all of your neighbors having access to your computer. :animwink:
That should be a given regardless of where you are... An insecure wireless router is an invitation to any wacko in range to do all sorts of nefarious stuff.

I wouldn't want the authorities banging on my door because someone was using my router to download kiddie . :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom