Characters that go on rides with you?

ToyStoryMiss

Original Poster
Okay, I've heard a bit about this, but it seems you can go on rides with certain characters. The ones I've heard of are Alice (YAY), the Tremaines, Aladdin and Jasmine, the White Rabbit, and even the Mad Hatter at times.
I think I may ask Alice to go on a ride with me when I see her this Sept.
Has anyone else been on rides with the characters? I want to see how it's like!
:D

asianway

You really need to be lucky with this, and Ive only ever seen it happen with kids unless they were a friend of a friend of the character.

But its not like Disneyland where the characters may do this as part of their set on a whim, its only going to happen at most with one ride prior to the meet n greet set beginning.

Soarin2u

It may happen, I don't think it ever fully will unless the character is leaving its position. Plus face characters have to act, I've never heard of anything about FACE characters getting on a ride, the actor probably wouldn't fully know what to do and might cause the situation to be awkward. Fur Characters would mostly likely not be able to do coasters. "Mommy, Goofy screams like a girl!" So if it does happen it might be a unexpected treat to a child without the child asking... If everyone was to ask, well... there'd be no more time with Alice.... :(

HouCuseChickie

Someone on here posted several years ago about riding Dumbo w/Mickey and Minnie towards the end of the night. I've also never been around to see if they still do it, but I'd heard that Alice & Hatter are sometimes on hand to open up the Tea Cups - picks someone to officially open the ride - and will ride with them. Found this image...but you can also see that it's from 2007.

tea_cups.jpg

Uncle Remus

We rode the carousel first thing at rope drop with my son and the evil step sisters and Lady Tremaine hopped on with us :)

About 2 years ago we were waiting in line for the carousel. It was after midnight. My youngest daughter was dressed like a princess. She was almost 4. Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Belle all came up to her and rode the carousel with her. It felt like it was ore of a cast member thing than a Disney orchestrated moment. It was really cool and unforgettable. My oldest daughter was 10 and at the tail end of the princess thing. It was nice to see her light up as well

jw24

Those who do get the chance to go on a ride with a character get to experience a magical moment unlike anything else. I haven't experienced a character riding with me myself but I can only dream of Peter Pan and myself going on his ride. On my next meet and greet, I've got to tell him that Peter Pan's Flight is my favorite ride in the park! I haven't done that yet!

Figments Friend

Yes, i will add that it did happen in the past. Not sure about today though.

Probably one of the best i witnessed was at the MK at the Carousel. It was the end of the evening, and the Fab Five characters had finished their sets and gathered near the Sword & The Stone bronze sculpture.

After standing there for a few minutes posing as a group for photos together ( no Guests allowed with them for this group shoot..) they ALL went over to the Carousel and went on for the last ride of the evening. Guests were allowed to ride with them, and it was quite special for those who participated.

At this time, 2007 or later, it was a bit of a tradition. So if you wanted to have the pleasure of riding with them, you could if you knew where to be at the right time!

I saw this several times over the course of a few late nights at the MK back then...not sure if this is still happening.

It was a neat way to end a evening in Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom