Characters in need of a redesign

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Let's talk about characters who need a redesign...

For example, Abu. Something just strikes me as disturbing about him... I can't put my finger on it...

Vanellope kind of freaks me out, too. I think it's a combination of the size, the expression on her face, and her hair.

tcool

Some characters I would like to see changed :

Jafar & Ratcliffe. Could they make them a face character? Or at least fix their mouth areas it doesn't look right.

Judge Frollo's costume is just disturbing in general. They should make him a face character.

They should improve Quasimodo's Costume and the Country Bear's.

Then again none of these characters (apart from the Country Bears) make daily appearances.

Otterhead

Do they still use those horribly disturbing suits of the Pleasure Island kids half-turned into donkeys?
mk_share14.jpg

grim-grinning_toast

I laugh really hard every time I see the Beast's costume. I know it's probably very expensive to make, but when he's standing next to Belle - it just looks so hilarious to me. And kind of creepy, actually...

The Jessie and Woody costumes are SO BAD. I saw a video on Instagram once of Woody walking and I felt second hand embarrassment.

But also a question I've always wondered: how do they determine who is a face character and who isn't? Why is Captain Hook a costume while Maleficent is a face character? -shrugs-

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Here's what bugs me... Two of the Three Little Pigs have happy expressions, but Practical Pig always looks ticked off.

Lilo and Stitch look weird, too... Lilo's expression and Stitch's small head just creep me out.

gibson12

The cg characters must be so hard to get right, but Woody, Jessy, and Buzz deserve better. I'd like to see their costumes brought to the level of Mickey and friends.

There are actually very few characters that look so amazing that I'm not kind of wishing they could upgrade them. The parks get the design of many things right, but for me, costuming isn't one.

JIMINYCR

Redesigned or not.... I'd just like to see more of them in the parks.
I'd rather they look more cartoony than human. Now, if they were redesigned for size and comfort and designed to be more accommodating so more CM's could wear them... I'm all for it.

Magenta Panther

Clarabelle looks good to me. Cartoony and well sculpted.

Well, perhaps not too bad from that angle, but I've seen her in the Christmas parade, and truly, gahhh!!!! I think both she and Horace need to be redesigned to look like their black-and-white retro versions.

Here's the other angle I spoke of:
0pKjXldQyjMXNpk+vwNRsRh0qBChIrq6hq43Ql/ajuHIQhZUk6BZJyxyNj6k16jEKfB7RRiYKRYHx4nwmOleV1VEEYdmDRa7lT0YcAJAtJAojggBoI
265323288_e0b594cbbd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmdr_Crimson

Have you also noticed that they will reuse costumes to make other characters....

Originally Uncle Scrooge looked like this...
D16.jpg

Now that there is a newer costume for Scrooge..They changed him to Ludwig Von Drake..
tumblr_mh5vxpiiIN1qi0p4eo1_500.jpg

However there was a Decent Version of Ludwig that was used in The World According To Goofy Parade in the 90s...Shame they never brought this one out..
Grabbed-Frame-4.jpg

Same thing goes with the White Rabbit...Originally Looking like this..
WhiteRabbitAtDisneyland-1990.jpg
\

Then Changing to this..
easter_walt_disney_world_resort_characters-6.jpg

When the original was retired...It was reused As Mr & Mrs Easter Bunny..
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2013/03/spring-fling-bunnies.jpg

Your Mind has been blown....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom