Character Meals?

Tom P.

Let me toss in another vote for 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. Granted, it's not a princess meal, but the character interaction is absolutely top notch. The stepsisters are fantastic! I would highly recommend it.

In addition to that, we also regularly do Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Crystal Palace and are happy with all of them. Additionally, while Be Our Guest isn't a traditional character meal -- you only meat the Beast and only after your meal -- the food there is absolutely top notch. It's a difficult-to-get reservation, but if you can snag it, I would definitely do it.

thomas998

Let me toss in another vote for 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. Granted, it's not a princess meal, but the character interaction is absolutely top notch. The stepsisters are fantastic! I would highly recommend it.

In addition to that, we also regularly do Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Crystal Palace and are happy with all of them. Additionally, while Be Our Guest isn't a traditional character meal -- you only meat the Beast and only after your meal -- the food there is absolutely top notch. It's a difficult-to-get reservation, but if you can snag it, I would definitely do it.

I agree with the 1900 Park Fare, not just because it has some of the best interactions with the kids but because it has consistently had some of the better food of all the character meals.

I would have to disagree on the BOG having top notch food. We've done it for breakfast and dinner and neither was top notch... The breakfast was in a race for being the worst with CRT as the other likely contender. The dinner was marginal at best. And understand you only get Beast after dinner, he wasn't there after breakfast and I understand he is also not there for lunch.... Also unlike the regular character meals where the characters come to your table, with Beast you have to go stand in a line after your are finished for the meet and greet.

Tom P.

I agree with the 1900 Park Fare, not just because it has some of the best interactions with the kids but because it has consistently had some of the better food of all the character meals.

I would have to disagree on the BOG having top notch food. We've done it for breakfast and dinner and neither was top notch... The breakfast was in a race for being the worst with CRT as the other likely contender. The dinner was marginal at best. And understand you only get Beast after dinner, he wasn't there after breakfast and I understand he is also not there for lunch.... Also unlike the regular character meals where the characters come to your table, with Beast you have to go stand in a line after your are finished for the meet and greet.
We have never done BOG for breakfast, only for dinner, so I can't comment on the quality of the food at breakfast. However, when we had dinner there, the food was indeed excellent. It's been about a year and a half since we've been there, so perhaps the quality has declined or is inconsistent. I hope not. Our next trip is in September of this year, and we're hoping to eat dinner there again. I guess we'll see.

thomas998

We have never done BOG for breakfast, only for dinner, so I can't comment on the quality of the food at breakfast. However, when we had dinner there, the food was indeed excellent. It's been about a year and a half since we've been there, so perhaps the quality has declined or is inconsistent. I hope not. Our next trip is in September of this year, and we're hoping to eat dinner there again. I guess we'll see.
Sounds like you had dinner there about the same time we did. It may have simply been down to what was ordered.... we had the pan seared chicken which was dry and overcooked and the shrimp and scallops, the scallops were very tough.... Though I must admit the worst part of the dinner was the lack of service. When I have to get up and find someone to get a refill because our waitress was MIA then their is a problem.

Reggie Colorado

I would prioritize based on your kids' favorites. You are really paying the premium for the character experience, not the food, so pick the one with the characters you most want to meet. The food will likely be fine but forgettable at just about anywhere. It also saves you from standing in line to meet those characters in the parks or wasting a fastpass.

Jasmine was at Cinderella's Royal Table (as of 11 months ago) along with Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, and Snow White (who was a riot). The setting inside the castle with the unique views of the park was an added bonus.

We liked Crystal Palace because it had a more relaxing atmosphere and the characters spent more time with us than the characters at other meals. It also has a consistent theme, so you know you will see the Pooh characters (Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and Piglet) and not some random characters.

We passed on a Mickey meal in favor of using a fastpass for the Epcot character spot -- what else are you going to use your second-tier Epcot fastpass on?

mousehockey37

Since this trip to Disney world (feb 2018) will be a secret until Christmas Day, most of the planning has to be done without the kids knowing. I'm trying to figure out which character meal to schedule. Which is your favorite? They are all pretty pricey but are they worth it? Does anyone know if there are any character meals with Princess Jasmin and Princess Tiana?

Hope you can intercept all the Disney mail! The magicbands come in an unmarked box, but you're gonna get plenty of marked Mickey mail til then.

Thecorsi4

Since this trip to Disney world (feb 2018) will be a secret until Christmas Day, most of the planning has to be done without the kids knowing. I'm trying to figure out which character meal to schedule. Which is your favorite? They are all pretty pricey but are they worth it? Does anyone know if there are any character meals with Princess Jasmin and Princess Tiana?
Have to go with 1900 park fare and Cinderellas Royal table. we hit those two every-time we go

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom