Character greetings that no one knows about...

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Have you ever heard of or seen a character greeting that Disney doesn't hint at? Like, you know, it's not on the Times Guides or not located on the maps? Well, that's the point of this thread idea.

I'll start things off--I don't know if this happens all the time, but after the dinner at 1900 Park Fare officially ends, Cinderella and Prince Charming are often found in the lobby of the Grand Floridian.
zAuHo8BoHO
And there's many an Instagram post of the two of them waltzing to the ambient music.

Bonus points for the song they're dancing to being "Bella Notte", which, in my opinion, is the greatest of all Disney love songs.

So, with that said, have any of you guys ever seen a character greeting like this?

KCheatle

Our kids were chosen by Aladdin and Jasmine for the magic carpets and then got the first picture for their "official" M&G after the ride. It was really cool!

Otherwise... We've been on the teacups when Alice rides. Never in our cup, though.

Anymore at WDW, the random M&G are fewer and farther between. Not sure why that is except just the chaos factor??

DL is exactly the opposite. There are more characters wandering around than there are scheduled M&Gs, and the CMs cannot tell you with any certainty when one will be around. I think that's because most of the DL people are locals who are way more interested in the rides and attractions than the characters. The lines were almost nill for characters in DL.

Chef Kronk

Governor Ratcliffe and Meeko have been known to make surprise appearances at DAK at the entrance or with Pocahontas.

Epcot Training is another good one. Lots of rare characters have appeared during training in the past, including Launchpad McQuack, Megara, and the Country Bears:D

MrDee

We were staying at the Grand Floridian at Christmas time, my wife was downstairs in the lobby and I was on my way down from the 3rd floor via elevator, and as the door was closing I see Mickey, Goofy and a Cast Member heading straight towards the elevator.

I didn't catch the door in time, but I waited at the bottom to apologize when they came down, and the Cast Member said she thought it was strange that someone wouldn't want to ride with Mickey and Goofy. I apologized profusely, knowing that I missed out on what would have been an awesome experience. But, at least I still have the story.

They were there to take part in a news story being filmed at the gingerbread house. We did stay to watch that.

bethymouse

The GF has many "special" events, and sometimes you can catch a glimpse of characters. We saw Tigger just recently, but he wasn't out in the "public" areas. Sure would've been neat to see Cinderella and Prince Charming. I didn't know they did that at GF.

brb1006

Governor Ratcliffe and Meeko have been known to make surprise appearances at DAK at the entrance or with Pocahontas.

Epcot Training is another good one. Lots of rare characters have appeared during training in the past, including Launchpad McQuack, Megara, and the Country Bears:D
Clarice (From Two Chips And A Miss) was spotted at Epcot at one point.

Chef Kronk

Is there a certain area in Epcot where this commonly happens?

Yes, it has happened at the American Adventure pavilion here:
dsc01715.jpg

It also can happen between the UK and Canada pavilions, where these large gates occasionally open with characters:
dsc01696.jpg

Finally, characters have also been known to appear at the International Gateway from time to time as well. Schedules are completely random and there are no set times. Also, it isn't guaranteed to happen on a certain day but it happens often. All training, if it occurs, takes place between 11:00am-4:00pm:)

landauh

Is there a certain area in Epcot where this commonly happens?

There are three locations in Epcot that "trainees" use. American Adventure, International Gateway and the South side (Showcase side) of the main fountain (very rare but sometimes Marie will be in France). There is no schedule.

DisneyDreamer08

There is also Character Palooza at DHS. Kenny the Pirate covers it a lot on his site.
We did the AK dance party with our 4 year old back in December. It was Meeko, Mushu, Brer Bear, the walking stick from Bug's Life and a few others. Very fun.
Other than that, my biggest character accomplishment was probably meeting Snow White & the 7 Dwarves at the Halloween Party back in 2009. Not sure it was worth the time we waited but that's another story :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom