Character changes for "Fantasmic!" meet & greets @ DHS

RAXIP

Original Poster
Starting tomorrow (10/4) the following characters will no longer be appearing regularly for the "Fantasmic!" sets in the Magic of Disney Animation at DHS:

• Max (Goofy's son)
  • Gov. Radcliffe
  • Prince John, Friar Tuck & The Sheriff of Nottingham
  • Foulfellow & Gideon (I think)
The following characters will now be there instead:

• Capt. Hook & Mr. Smee
  • Genie
  • The Pooh Characters (not sure which)
The exact character line-up tends to change from day to day and will offer other characters as well.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The Pooh characters will make that greeting infinitely more popular.

I just don't see a lot of people clamoring to see Foulfellow and Gideon. In fact, the last time I saw them out at MK, I overheard a number of people going, "Who are they?"

urbanvegan

HJ & Gideon are the kind of characters that get SO excited when you greet them by name. I love when they get all happy like that.

_Scar

HJ & Gideon are the kind of characters that get SO excited when you greet them by name. I love when they get all happy like that.

HJ have you met MILF in the world of acronyms? :lol::cool::lookaroun:zipit:

I didn't know they got excited... that's awesome!

Do the CMs who work in character department choose which character to portray for that day or not?

urbanvegan

HJ have you met MILF in the world of acronyms? :lol::cool::lookaroun:zipit:

I didn't know they got excited... that's awesome!

Do the CMs who work in character department choose which character to portray for that day or not?

I had to re-read that a few times to get what you were referring to. Then I literally LOLed. :lol: Let the court's record show, I meant Honest John.

I find that with a lot of the lesser-known characters - if you know the difference between Suzi and Perla, etc. I think they get used to hearing "honey, go stand next to the girl mouse".

I would imagine for the cast members, they might switch around between roles in the same height class during a shift, but I'm not really sure.

NewfieFan

Starting tomorrow (10/4) the following characters will no longer be appearing regularly for the "Fantasmic!" sets in the Magic of Disney Animation at DHS:

• Max (Goofy's son)
  • Gov. Radcliffe
  • Prince John, Friar Tuck & The Sheriff of Nottingham
  • Foulfellow & Gideon (I think)
The following characters will now be there instead:

• Capt. Hook & Mr. Smee
  • Genie
  • The Pooh Characters (not sure which)
The exact character line-up tends to change from day to day and will offer other characters as well.

I had no idea Max and Robin Hood characters met there! Bummer, my son loves Max and his favorite movie is Robin Hood! Is there anywhere to meet these characters now... will they be coming out again!?!

WDW_Emily

I had no idea Max and Robin Hood characters met there! Bummer, my son loves Max and his favorite movie is Robin Hood! Is there anywhere to meet these characters now... will they be coming out again!?!

I have never seen max before either. was he just on the boat at the end??

Brian Noble

I saw Max over in Future World in February, but I'm not sure exactly where. I think it was Future World West, up by Imagination but closer to the center core.

NewfieFan

I have never seen max before either. was he just on the boat at the end??

No, they're not in F!... it's just called the F! sets in the Animation building! But I never knew those characters met there! I was just in the Animation building on my August trip and we saw Up and the Incredibles.

EPCOTPluto

I saw Max over in Future World in February, but I'm not sure exactly where.
I think it was Future World West, up by Imagination but closer to the center core.
Do you mean the Innoventions West corriddor, where the EPCOT Character Spot exits?

I remember meeting Max & Goofy there, along with Robin Hood. Certainly some random characters back in 2005. :lookaroun

Ignohippo

Where are you talking about? We go to the Animation Building meet & greats every time we go to DHS (which is at least once every two months) and have never, ever seen any of those characters there.

The m&g's at the Animation Building are fairly permanent: Sorcerer Mickey, Mr. and Mrs. Incredible and Fro-Zone, and then the area that switches out for whatever new movie they're promoting (currently UP!).

asianway

At around 5pm, some random characters come out in the Up area. Someone posted it was to give folks who appear in the parade and Fantasmic something to do in between. Have also seen the Evil Queen, Queen of Hearts, Gepetto, Pinocchio, and the Tweedles.

caslers

We leave in 24 days and I was so looking forward to meeting Max! :( I want to meet him so bad...he is the one character that it seems like I am never going to meet...:shrug:

DaGoof00

I've never seen any of the characters over in the animation courtyard either. If you are looking for Max, I have seen him in Future World at EPCOT multiple times!

WDW_Emily

No, they're not in F!... it's just called the F! sets in the Animation building! But I never knew those characters met there! I was just in the Animation building on my August trip and we saw Up and the Incredibles.
hahaha i got confused lol.
I still have never seen them before.:veryconfu

kcw

I would imagine for the cast members, they might switch around between roles in the same height class during a shift, but I'm not really sure.

nope- each day cast members are scheduled to hang out with a particular character. They might change during the day, but it would be a scheduled change with a location change

captain marvel1

Just write that you want to see them and Disney will accomodate you. since they were going to remove pinichio at one point and i fought and i won and they decided it would be best if they stayed. they do it to gauge who wants to see them or not go. to magic kindom customer service they will give you a number you can call which day that paticular toon will be out. im still trying to meet the mad hatter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom