Chapek going to be "fired"?

PattyBell

Original Poster
Hi....has anyone seem de "" intagram post saying that the shareholders are planning to vote against Chapeck reelection?

I wonder if this is going to happen....

Any thougths???

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hi....has anyone seem de "*****" intagram post saying that the shareholders are planning to vote against Chapeck reelection?

Any thougths???

"A group of Disney fans — fuming over soaring ticket prices and long lines at theme parks — have bought the company’s stock and are threatening to vote against CEO Bob Chapek’s re-election at a March 9 annual shareholder meeting."

Sounds like a group of irate fans, not clear how many shares these people hold, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a small number.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
"A group of Disney fans — fuming over soaring ticket prices and long lines at theme parks — have bought the company’s stock and are threatening to vote against CEO Bob Chapek’s re-election at a March 9 annual shareholder meeting."

Sounds like a group of irate fans, not clear how many shares these people hold, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a small number.
Well, being a stockholder, we aren't real happy with the $50+ per share loss of the last several months. :mad: Has cost us thousands and we can definitely point to Chapek as being the main reason. The board can't be real happy about the losses they have incurred due to his idiotic policies concerning the parks either. But I seriously doubt that they will do anything at all. :(

Lilofan

Hi....has anyone seem de "*****" intagram post saying that the shareholders are planning to vote against Chapeck reelection?

Any thougths???
Anyone recall where shareholders tried to oust Eisner in 2004? Successfully could not do it but the Disney Board got the message. Eisner left the company a year later. His investments must have done well. He's now part of the BBC, Billionaire Boys Club.

Kamikaze

Anyone recall where shareholders tried to oust Eisner in 2004? Successfully could not do it but the Disney Board got the message. Eisner left the company a year later. His investments must have done well. He's now part of the BBC, Billionaire Boys Club.
You mean when Roy E Disney, helped by Comcast, ran a successful smear campaign that people still believe to this day? Oh, I remember.

On that similar note: Thats Iger's reign - went from a hostile Comcast takeover bid to $DIS was when COVID started, and quite simply which do you think is the better positioned company now? Comcast or TWDC?

Hate on these ex-CEOs all you want, but neither of them get a fair shake for the good they did.

JIMINYCR

Cant see it ever happening. There is a lot of furor out there and Bobs ideal to be dumped on by the fans who own shares, but historically ousting a person in Bobs position usually needs very egregious reasons to do so and although we arent happy with some of his moves he hasnt risen to the level of beheading.

Lilofan

You mean when Roy E Disney, helped by Comcast, ran a successful smear campaign that people still believe to this day? Oh, I remember.

On that similar note: Thats Iger's reign - went from a hostile Comcast takeover bid to $DIS was when COVID started, and quite simply which do you think is the better positioned company now? Comcast or TWDC?

Hate on these ex-CEOs all you want, but neither of them get a fair shake for the good they did.
Many are for sale including Disney. The Disney Board in 2004 advised the Comcast hostile bid offer of $54B to buy TWDC was too low. All CEOs made their impact ( pros and cons ) that moved TWDC . As a shareholder long term , I'm good.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"Where have you gone, Roy and Stanley Gold, the park fans turn their broke-*** eyes to you... woo woo woo..."

If large institutional shareholders start to grumble, or a large activist shareholder starts to talk, then we'll have something. If this week's Q1 numbers falter or D+ subs stumble again (I don't think they're going to have 7 million net new subs for D+, but that's just me), you could start to hear more rumblings. Until at least one of those things happens, there's no smoke here. Those are the only things that will get noticed by the board. Ok, maybe if there was an organized, concerted effort to cancel vacations and not spend vacation dollars at WDW and elsewhere, that could get noticed too, but that's a long game and so many pixie dusters keep handing over their credit cards to the Mouse.

Goofyernmost

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again, Chapek has not flushed a toilet without the express approval of the Board. That's how these things work. He my have a direct line to their ears, but he couldn't burp without their permission. They will stick it out for a long time, they can afford to until it either makes no difference to the overall profit at which time the values will go back up or they finally give in and decide that he is indeed instrumental in causing a decline in business. In the meantime, you will be mighty blue if you start holding your breath until he's gone.

TsWade2

I don't want to get involve of saying Bob Chapek is an evil tyrant and needs to get fired, but if the shareholders voting against Bob Chapek is the only way to make people like Disney again with better future, then fine! Go ahead! Vote him out while you can! He's probably not the right choice anyway. The only question is, if the Board of Directors did fire Bob Chapek as CEO of Disney, who's going to be the new CEO of Disney?

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I read about it last night. I am not am surprised that stockholders are extremely unhappy with Chapek. The fact is money Stockholders don't like value of stock going down. I don't think Chapek is going to be fired though. To my understand, Chapek's contract ends February 28, 2023. I don't think the board is going extend the contract unless the stock improves.

The problem here is be careful of what you wish for.

I think some of the stuff has no connection to Chapek because of Iger such as overpaying for Fox. Chapek had a role in Theme park stuff like cheapening out on Toy Story Land.

wdwfan4ver

I don't want to get involve of saying Bob Chapek is an evil tyrant and needs to get fired, but if the shareholders voting against Bob Chapek is the only way ti make people like Disney again with better future, the fine. Go ahead! Vote him out while you can! He's probably not the right choice anyway. The only question is, if the Board of Directors did for Bob Chapek as CEO of Disney, who's going to be the new CEO of Disney?
I have a feeling it would be Kathleen Kennedy. Some people think Kathleen Kennedy is leading the effort to oust Chapek. People are Claiming that Chapek is no longer listening to Kennedy with her ideas with Star Wars. The problem is Chapek extended her contract till 2024.

Like it or not, she has the background Disney stockholders want. Kathleen Kennedy has a movie background. Chapek does not. If Kathleen Kennedy is the CEO coming up, I see backlash happening on social media including youtube.

Disney is too big of a company for a CEO needs a theme park background only. You still can have an entertainment background to be a Disney CEO.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

Any thougths???
no chance in hell. He will get at least 90% of the vote.

I don’t know if he’ll be the CEO in 24 months, I’d say it’s 50-50, but before he gets dumped, we’ll hear institutional shareholders complaining.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

The general public, which I assume includes these random Reddit commenters, holds 35% of Disney, which an extraordinarily large percentage, but is still nowhere near enough to cost Chapek his seat.

TsWade2

I have a feeling it would be Kathleen Kennedy. Some people think Kathleen Kennedy is leading the effort to oust Chapek. People are Claiming that Chapek is no longer listening to Kennedy with her ideas with Star Wars. The problem is Chapek extended her contract till 2024.

Like it or not, she has the background Disney stockholders want. Kathleen Kennedy has a movie background. Chapek does not. If Kathleen Kennedy is the CEO coming up, I see backlash happening on social media including youtube.

Disney is too big of a company for a CEO needs a theme park background only. You still can have an entertainment background to be a Disney CEO.
Gee, I don't know! I heard a lot of crazy Star Wars fans hated her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom