News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wasn't sure if I read it on this board or that massive Disney FB group but someone posted a complaint that the parks were hot and everyone concurred the buildings were nowhere near as cold as they remembered. Would be the ultimate embarrassment if they got called out like this :

I was there mid-May when temps were in the low 90s every day and I didn't experience any building not having sufficient A/C.

I will complain tho, about the lack of A/C in all the outdoor queues!!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm sorry. I know it's not right to judge people on their appearance but that woman's smile makes me uneasy.

It still shocks me that that is the best intentional promotional photo they could apparently take of her.

It's like a weird cross between the original Cruella and Ursula to me.

Again, I know it's wrong but I just can't shake it.
I immediately think of the Dr Evil laugh

mysto

I suppose now that Bob has tenure he can pursue the projects he really wants to pursue. To be honest I'm not sure what that would be.

MrPromey

Pre judge much?

👍

Anyway, I saw her picture after I heard her comments so, no, not exactly a pre-judge.

... That said, I admit that thinking a person has an evil looking smile and not being able to shake that feeling is a bit shallow but I think I also made my admission of that pretty clear in my original post.

... or did you miss that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilofan

👍

Anyway, I saw her picture after I heard her comments so, no, not exactly a pre-judge.

... That said, I admit that thinking a person has an evil looking smile and not being able to shake that feeling is a bit shallow but I think I also made my admission of that pretty clear in my original post.

... or did you miss that?
, you are saying low wage industry , rent is high , and strangely apts are at high occupancy and in many areas apt complexes are being built all over CFL due to the many that are moving in.

Lilofan

One thing that no one is mentioning is that Chapek DID try to steer this company back to the middle of the political aisle until he was strong armed by the left to do an about face and grovel. Maybe, just maybe, the board is looking for someone to bring this company back to a position that entertains ALL fans, not just the left.
How is that possible when the Board according to reports is looking to extend Chapek's contract?

mf1972

I immediately think of the Dr Evil laugh
D93DBD91-1FAD-4E94-A6D9-1D9569B7E7F4.gif

three million years…

Lilofan

Looks like the FireChapek petitions were a waste of time. He just needed to convince the Board and they unanimously approved his extension from what I read.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Unless he's divested a ton of stock, The Weatherman is still #1.
Institutional

It’s the California Public Employees Retirement Fund

The largest/most expensive state with the 6th largest economy in the world…tens of millions of retirees (over time) live partly off Disney stock.

This announcement secured nothing for chapek or his goon board.

Only shares do

Last edited:

Rickcat96

Unfortunately, our love for Disney parks is a drug like heroin (though I’ve NEVER taken it)…hard to get off it…
I agree. They can't sustain this too much longer; people see the price hikes and the gouging for every breath of air in the parks. What's becoming more noticeable is a steady dose of ride breakdowns, especially when these rides have been monetized. Throw in these high gas prices and cost food and other needs. Never mind stock STILL won't pay dividends and god forbid the staff the parks back up.

MrPromey

Cost cutting is one of Chapek’s mandates from the Board and the shareholders. They don’t want a creative at the helm. I’ll admit I haven’t looked at the most recent financial statements, but my assumption (based on the state of the parks) is that he’s doing the bidding that he was hired to do.

Unfortunately, fans on a theme park forum or fans at D23 want very different things than the institutional investors do. Not sure how cost cutting could be viewed as a reason to oust him.

Seems like, in a sane world, said fans who's buying power would be a big part of what keeps a company that relies entirely on optional/disposable income afloat would speak with their wallets which would better align the interests of the board and institutional investors with them.

It seems to work like that in most other companies but for some reason, Disney can charge people more for a room while providing fewer amenities, charge more to get in parks while providing fewer experiences for that money, charge people more for the ability to access more of those missed experiences, charge more for food while cutting the quality of ingredients and offering smaller portion sizes, talk about doing all of this openly and their customers still come while continuing to complain about it as if Disney is up there with death and taxes as something that must be inevitable.

No wonder they think they can get away with just about anything. Most available evidence seems to support that way of thinking.

I feel like only a hard global recession could reset things and that's something I don't think most of us are wishing for.

We get a lot things like "after my planned visit in 2024, they'll be lucky if they ever see me again!" and that somehow seems to be as bad as it gets at any sort of scale or "after this trip I'm taking next month, it's only DISNEY cruise lines and DISNEY parks in other countries for me!" 'cause, yeah - that'll show 'em. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom