Changes to HHN Effective Immediately

pheneix

Original Poster
Effective immediately, HHN will be opening at 5pm on Fridays and Saturdays. In addition, it will be closing at 1am on all non-peak nights except for Halloween night, which should not be nearly as busy as the other nights this year.

Marvel Superhero Island is open on Saturday nights from 8pm - 11pm as of now, but that may be extended depending on demand.

Universal has also added a new concert act, Magic in Concert - Featuring Jeff McBride. I have absolutely no idea where or when this takes place during the event. It was just announced hours ago.

Robosaurus is also performing on ALL EVENT NIGHTS, and not just peak nights.

It's a busy, busy event guys. If you go on a peak night, I strongly reccommend getting there right at 5pm.

GymLeaderPhil

I'm impressed, let's hope the planning for next year's event takes a stronger look at the forecasted number of guests. It's not like they have just started doing this event.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Didn't go to HHN tonight but was in the park at 5pm and saw the flyers advertising the 5pm opening. They were giving out wristbands at the gate. If anyone is looking for 0 minute waits, 5pm will definitely be the best time to go (my brother is there right now, about an hour ago he told me RUN was at 90 minutes and Die-In at 70).

JROK

The Magic show will be at Animal Actors Live! stage... I heard The Amazing Johnathan will be there next weekend... Peak Nights only is the buzz...

bayoutinkbelle

Marvel Superhero Island is open on Saturday nights from 8pm - 11pm as of now, but that may be extended depending on demand.

I dropped some friends off at the Pacific Royal after dinner off property tonight. We could see Hulk running while waiting for the traffic light to change and this was at 11:30 p.m.

Also, when we walked out of IOA around 6:30 p.m., we heard an announcement that HHN was sold out tonight. The place was packed. It's our turn tomorrow night.

And, on a side rant, my group noticed something that speaks to a larger problem today. Trash cans all around both parks were filled to bursting. We ate at Richter's and couldn't find a can that wasn't overflowing to ditch our trash until we saw one in a corner. It wasn't full, but it wasn't empty either.

Then, while waiting in line at Jurassic River Adventure, a trash can in the que was overflowing. Empty bottles and other trash were littered all over the ground.

Rant over.

IOACentralRadio

And you never see trash or garbage at disney? What about turkey legs? Hmmmm....
And even if you get there at 5p.m. run to the first house. We were there and by the time we got through the first house, the second had a 20 min wait. The third had a 45 min wait, though I do have to say, thank goodness for the RIP passes.....

hack2112

I went this weekend with express passes and I did not stop at all from 5 to 2... but the magigcian was HORRIBLE!!!

:D Hack

pheneix

Original Poster
I've seen this kind of bad show at Disney, but it was a good two years ago. Universal barely keeps a custodial team out to clean the parks, and it shows. It is up to the attractions to keep their own area clean, but you can imagine that they have their own problems to deal with, so cleaning becomes secondary.

IOACentralRadio

I'm assuming this was directed to my comment about the trash.

And, no, I've never seen trash or garbage like this at Disney. Trash was stuffed into cans, sitting on top of cans and spilling onto the ground.
You've never been around tomorrowland around 4 o'clock I take it. They are the worst offender. You cant blame the park, its the lack of crew, or the amount of crowd. I've seen it countless times at disney....not so much Universal, though I have seen it.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Outside of HHN I have rarely ever seen this "excessive trash" stuff that everyone likes to talk about....seen it plenty of times at WDW though.

bayoutinkbelle

You've never been around tomorrowland around 4 o'clock I take it. They are the worst offender. You cant blame the park, its the lack of crew, or the amount of crowd. I've seen it countless times at disney....not so much Universal, though I have seen it.

Funny. I was in Tommorrowland on Friday afternoon. I passed two castmembers emptying trash cans.

I'm sure both parks have their issues with trash collection from time to time. I can only tell you what I've seen. I'm not trying to trash Universal (no pun intended) because I enjoy my time there, too. But I have some concerns about the way the parks are being run because it changes what I can do in the short time I have there. The trash was the most visible thing on this last trip.

On my last two trips, I've noticed that many of the food stands and some restaurants are closed during the middle of the day. Why is this? I haven't been able to eat lunch at one of my favorites (Thunder Falls) since the summer of 2005. Very annoying, especially since it's still listed on their Web site as serving lunch and dinner daily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom