Pre-Trip The HOORAY, my wife finally realized her friend is a blank ptr!

So next year, one of my wife's (alternative name for a female dog) friends was getting married in WDW.

I work for a corporate bank that works with the US government. There's a rule/law that when you work for a company that works with the government, you have to take 2 consecutive weeks of vacation a year. And I only get 2 weeks of vacation.

I'm a huge wrestling fan, and the wife is between mediocre and huge into wrestling. She only got into it when we started dating.

WrestleMania, which is the biggest show of the year, will be in Orlando. However, even though the friend that was mentioned before has a fiance that's a huge wrestling fan, she refused to do a disney wedding around wrestlemania because she is a not very magical word.

I was refusing to take my vacation time for that witch, wedding or no wedding, which was leading to a lot of arguments between the Mrs. and I.

HOWEVER, the wife and her once again, alternative name for a female dog of a friend had a falling out!!

And over the weekend, the Mrs. said let's go to WDW for Wrestlemania for 2 weeks!!!! :):cool::D

Also, this will be my wife and I's first solo full length trip to WDW together

I am so freaking excited you can't imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

steviej

Original Poster
So wife and I ironed out the dates last night.

Looking like a tuesday night flight on 3/28 - Monday, 4/10.

In laws gonna give us enough points for a studio at OKW.

And since me and my honey have been together for 5 1/2 years and never had a full length trip to WDW just her and I, we want to go all out on dining!

So, this is what we got:

Breakfast
Boma - only once
Waffle House - will also serve as midnight snacks

Lunch
Be Our Guest - we went there for lunch last trip and it knocked our socks off!
Cosmic Ray's
Columbia Harbour House
Germany QS
Olivia's
Flame Tree BBQ - this is a maybe, wasn't overly impressed
Steak N Shake

Dinner
Crystal Palace
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Le Cellier
Via Napoli
China sitdown
Japan Hibachi
4 Rivers Smokehouse

More to be added later, suggestions are welcome. I'm allergic to seafood, keep that in mind while suggesting =)

Last edited:

steviej

Original Poster
well the weekend has escalated things quickly!

So the wife and I were youtubing Disney stuff over the weekend, where we made the discovery that studios at Saratoga Springs are bigger than OKW's studios.

Not only that, it'd be 4 points less for my in laws for us to stay at SS.

Then, out of nowhere, my mom texted me saying she'd like to give us the difference in points to stay at a 1 br!!!!

So we went from a studio at OKW, to a studio at SS, to a 1 br at OKW!!!!!

Rooms will hopefully be booked before the end of the week. =)

steviej

Original Poster
ecstatic to say..... WE BOOKED OUR FLIGHTS LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

3/28 - 6:30 out of Newark, expect to land in Orlando between 9 and 9:30. I'm going to go to work that day, but if I worked my normal 9-5, I wouldn't make the flight. So I asked my boss if I can do 8-4 that day and he agreed. As a matter of fact, he told me not to worry about coming in at 8, I could still come in at 9. But I'm going to go in at 8. Maybe if I get up an hour earlier, I can sleep for a good chunk of the flight ;)

4/10 - Leave Orlando at 9:45 pm.

We had to jump on the flights, $89 EACH WAY ON JETBLUE!

Cannot wait, just my honey and I for 2 weeks in our favorite place in the world AND with WrestleMania. I think this is going to be the best vacation ever. Will keep everyone posted with dining.

steviej

Original Poster
ok, happy to say that it looks like all dining has booked.

Haven't a clue the days, and I'm probably forgetting some.

breakfast at boma
breakfast at BOG
lunch at BOG
lunch at Olivia's
lunch at primetime
dinner at le cellier
dinner at tappan edo
dinner at crystal palace
dinner at chef mickeys
dinner at ohana

Offsite dining
Steak N Shake
Krispy Kreme (i know, it's not dining. But I'd give my left arm for a KK in NJ, so I can make a meal out of it, I assure you.)
Waffle house
4 Rivers Smokehouse

Now, you might look at our dining and be like, "good god what do you do for a living!?" But we're doing the DDP, AND we are doubling up our meals a lot since we will be busy a lot of nights with wrestling related stuff!

OH, also, my uncle and new aunt have decided they want to go to wrestlemania as well! So they're coming too. They're getting their own room at the poly. And we're doing quite a few of these meals together. So excited for this trip.

steviej

Original Poster
1 meal is definitely decided! So for those that are unaware, WrestleMania is the Super Bowl of wrestling. It's the biggest show of the year.

The night before (saturday), they do the hall of fame. Exactly what it sounds like, where they honor a handful of old timers.

Me, the mrs, my aunt and uncle decided we'll go to 4 Rivers on the way there! I am too excited for this trip!!!!!!!!

joshsprincess921

I love your enthusiasm! Sounds like a great trip and I can't wait to read your trip report.
I was a big wrestling fan growing up. My dad would take my brother and I to see the show when they would come to our town. Those "old timers" are probably the ones I grew up watching!

steviej

Original Poster
I love your enthusiasm! Sounds like a great trip and I can't wait to read your trip report.
I was a big wrestling fan growing up. My dad would take my brother and I to see the show when they would come to our town. Those "old timers" are probably the ones I grew up watching!

Thanks! And I do promise a trip report.

IDK if it makes me a terrible person, but part of the reason I'm so excited is because I don't have to hear about that witch's wedding anymore.

Plus, this is the first full length trip we're able to do just the 2 of us, cause I don't think I said it before, but my aunt and uncle are getting their own room. Every trip we've ever done has always been with parents or friends.

sheriffwoody

Sounds so fun! I don't know much about wrestling, but I'm sure a big event like that is a lot of fun to go to. Anything with fans all gathered in one place is a good time!

steviej

Original Poster
Sounds so fun! I don't know much about wrestling, but I'm sure a big event like that is a lot of fun to go to. Anything with fans all gathered in one place is a good time!

This will be my 6th WrestleMania, each one has been better than the last. And what's great is, for the most part, stuff doesn't get underway till night time. So we can hit the parks during the day!

Trisha Lynn

I'm stoked to hear that your wife has gotten a toxic-sounding person out of her life. Also, who are your fave wrestlers right now? I don't watch weekly, but I do keep up via a really awesome podcast called Sidewalk Slam. I love the Golden Truth vignettes.

steviej

Original Poster
I'm stoked to hear that your wife has gotten a toxic-sounding person out of her life. Also, who are your fave wrestlers right now? I don't watch weekly, but I do keep up via a really awesome podcast called Sidewalk Slam. I love the Golden Truth vignettes.

Right now, I'd have to say Chris Jericho, The Miz, Seth Rollins, and Enzo

Op I hope you have a great trip but I've got to say your continuous bringing up of your opinion on your wife's former friend makes you seem fairly toxic yourself. Let it go.

hmmm, have to say, I felt that was a rather drastic comment considering I talked about my wife's former friend twice. Once in the initial post, and once above. I didn't really appreciate that.

Last edited:

steviej

Original Poster
So the dining has been booked.

So since we fly in late on the 28th, we'll probably just go to Waffle House or something.

wed 3/29 - Whispering Canyon at 6:15 with emh at MK from 9-11
Thurs 3/30 - Lunch at 12 at Tappan Edo and then dinner at Via Napoli at 7:40
fri 3/31 - Dinner at Ohana at 8 with Uncle Joe and Aunt Mel
Sat 4/1 - Breakfast at Boma at 9 am with Uncle Joe and Aunt Mel then we'll do AK. For us, AK is only a 1/2 day park on each trip. That night is the hall of fame, so on the way there, we're going to go to 4 Rivers Smokehouse
Sun 4/2 - WrestleMania, prob a quick service lunch and/or breakfast
Mon 4/3 - Lunch at Olivia's at 2 pm, along with HS, but not too long, because we'll have Monday Night Raw
Tues 4/4 - Dinner at Le Cellier at 7:25 with Uncle Joe and Aunt Mel. EMH at epcot from 9-11
Wed 4/5 - BOG lunch at noon, followed by 6 pm dinner with Uncle Joe and Aunt Mel at crystal palace. EMH at MK from 9-11
thurs 4/6 - Chef Art Smith's Homecoming at 8:30
fri 4/7 - dinner at 50's primetime at 7:30 with Uncle Joe and Aunt Mel. Spend the night at HS
sat 4/8 - Dinner at Maya Grill at 8
Sun 4/9 - Yachtsman for dinner at 8:05
Mon - BOG breakfast at 10 AM, day in MK, and then home to NJ that night =(

So the date of 4/1 is significant. My Grandmother, who was my best friend passed away on 4/1/14. This was my mom's mother, also Uncle Joe's mother. I always try to be around for that date because it's very difficult for my mom. Obviously I couldn't help the dates of the wrestling related stuff, but when we were first kicking around going to wrestlemania, I told my mom that if she wanted me, if she needed me, there will be other WrestleMania's. And that I'd skip it to be there for her. She told me that there was no way I was missing a chance to do WrestleMania and Disney in 1 shot. We went back and forth, but she wouldn't hear of it.

So my Uncle Joe and I didn't speak for 2 years. (please don't ask why, it's so stupid I don't even want to say. We tell each other all the time how dumb we were and how we regret missing out on that time with each other. We only made peace with each other the night Grandma passed away).

So it's pretty special that on such a sucky day, to be doing something fun with my uncle. I feel so blessed that somehow, our relationship got back to where it was before we stopped talking.

steviej

Original Poster

haha, thanks. Who were some of your favorites?

All i have to say about your plans is
"Woooooooooooooòoo"
:D

eh eh, I see what you did there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom