Challenge! Name something worse!

Epcot81Fan

Original Poster
In another thread, there was a discussion about the hideous atrocity that is the exterior of the Guardians tower and it begs the question, is this monstrosity the ugliest (not temporary overlay) building design in any theme park anywhere in the world?

I’ve been to parks all around the globe and I honestly can’t think of anything that is as objectively ugly and of this scale in any theme park.

Challenge! Post a picture of a theme park building uglier than this:

1711515810173.png

Last edited:

Epcot81Fan

Original Poster
And it doesn’t have to be limited to Disney - is Joe Rhode’s Guardians tower monstrosity the ugliest structure in global theme park history?

Feel free to go back in time, has anything ever of this scale been so truly ugly anywhere in the world?

Last edited:

Epcot81Fan

Original Poster
Nothing is permanent. Guardians can be changed too. Silly idea if you won't allow it. You just mean "current" ugly stuff.
The cake decor was only a 15 month temporary marketing overlay for a specific celebration always intended to be removed when the celebration was over.

And even then, it is at least fun, colorful, and whimsical (and tacky) vs that dystopian nightmare that is not a seasonal overlay, but the actual attraction.

That is a question for another thread (worst temporary marketing overlay/promotion), but this is what is the ugliest, most obnoxious, and heinous attraction exterior design?

Keep trying!

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

The cake overlay was a seasonal overlay for a specific celebration meant to be removed when the the celebration was over.

And even then, it is at least fun, colorful, and whimsical (and tacky) vs that dystopian nightmare that is not a seasonal overlay, but the actual attraction.

Keep trying!
Again, nothing is permanent. These are both ugly. Your picture is essentially an overlay too. You keep trying.

Fox&Hound

I don’t know. Sometimes people post thread topics, but they don’t really want any responses. The OP seems to have made up their mind and doesn’t seem interested in other ideas. Hence telling people they are wrong/incorrect for their submissions. Rule #1 for starting a new discussion: welcome the discussion and new ideas.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I don’t know. Sometimes people post thread topics, but they don’t really want any responses. The OP seems to have made up their mind and doesn’t seem interested in other ideas. Hence telling people they are wrong/incorrect for their submissions. Rule #1 for starting a new discussion: welcome the discussion and new ideas.
I thought rule #1 was don't talk about fight club ?

Epcot81Fan

Original Poster

Actually, I’m legitimately interested in seeing what people can come up with that is more hideous than the Guardians tower, because I can’t honestly think of a non-temporary installation anywhere in the world that is more mind-boggling ugly.

Keep submitting your candidates!

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
And it doesn’t have to be limited to Disney - is Joe Rhode’s Guardians tower monstrosity the ugliest structure in global theme park history?

Feel free to go back in time, has anything ever of this scale been so truly ugly anywhere in the world?
What is your obsession with hating the guy that when given approval, creates some of the most immersive and artistic lands in any theme park? Africa, Asia, and Pandora show the true Rohde.

Regardless though, Mission: BREAKOUT’s ride experience is absolutely a step-up from discount Tot and frequently has some of the highest GSTAT scores at DLR. You can credit Joe Rohde for that with pulling off something so unlikely.

Epcot81Fan

Original Poster
Question…..can we include an accessory added to the exterior of a show building for this?
Sure, all entries are welcome, just not some temp marketing add, which isn’t comparable.

Scale is also something to keep in mind - Guardians is massive and can be seen from inside Disneyland so that adds to its grotesque presence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom