Certain Rides or Attractions - Why are they in WDW?

WDWJunkie

Banned
Original Poster
As you look at the varying rides and other attractions throughout WDW, have you ever wondered why exactly they're there or what they have to do with Disney? For example, I've never understood the existance of Tomorrowland Speedway, least of all it being located in Tomorrowland. I've also never quite seen the connection between the Indiana Jones Show and MGM or Disney.

DarkImage4

Wouldn't Indiana Jones belong there since it's a movie?

With the same thinking, one could ask, what does Aerosmith have to do with Disney/MGM/movies.

Lee

Adventurer
There is no real rules as to what rides can go into a park. Having a Disney theme is not required.

When Walt was still with us, he gave us:
Autopia, Junior Autopia, Flying Saucers, Pirates, Tom Sawyer Island, Tiki Room, etc.

It's all about fun, entertaining, themed attractions. Being directly Disney inspired is not necessary.

Murder Mystery Attraction in Downtown Disney???

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if there is a place in Downtown Disney where they do the CLUE type "Murder Mystery" thing where you try to figure out who killed who?

Thanks!

WDWspider

Originally posted by WDWJunkie
As you look at the varying rides and other attractions throughout WDW, have you ever wondered why exactly they're there or what they have to do with Disney? For example, I've never understood the existance of Tomorrowland Speedway, least of all it being located in Tomorrowland. I've also never quite seen the connection between the Indiana Jones Show and MGM or Disney.

Well, at the time of Tomorrowland's Creation driving cars was not the reality it is today. And Cars are always in the tomorrow of our youth. Indy is a movie and it's a stunt show. I have no idea why it doesn't seem to fit. Now RnR is a much better example.

DarkImage4

)
Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Absolutely nothing - but who cares :lol:

Absolutely, just making the observation. Attractions in WDW don't NEED to be exact or have a specific reason. Everything is great. Disney IS magic...no matter what the "theme".

YAY 100 POSTS!!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy:
(Like it matters...:hammer: )

WDWJunkie

Banned
Original Poster
Re: Re: Certain Rides or Attractions - Why are they in WDW?

Originally posted by spider-man
Well, at the time of Tomorrowland's Creation driving cars was not the reality it is today. And Cars are always in the tomorrow of our youth. Indy is a movie and it's a stunt show. I have no idea why it doesn't seem to fit. Now RnR is a much better example.

Sure, Indy's a movie, but there are 200,000 other movies out there as well that aren't created as attractions in the park. Indiana Jones just doesn't seem to go along with Disney...maybe it's just me.

wild01ride

Re: Re: Certain Rides or Attractions - Why are they in WDW?

The beauty of all that WDW offers is that there is something there for literally everyone. Everyone has their own opinion of everything up to RnRC and ToT as far as their interest, quality of the ride, theme, etc.
The fact of the matter is that such a variety of people go to WDW and each person through the gates certainly does not love and adore the same attractions (thank the Lord!) However, you've got to admit that although everyone does not like all the attractions, all of the attractions are liked by someone!

Theming is a way of giving you a feeling of more than an amusement park. If Disney offered "rides", it would be like any other park. But they offer "attractions" which pull you from the main theme and bring you into their own specifically-themed world. It's the establishment of theme that creates the feeling and atmosphere that we all love so much!

TURKEY

Re: Re: Re: Certain Rides or Attractions - Why are they in WDW?

Originally posted by WDWJunkie
Sure, Indy's a movie, but there are 200,000 other movies out there as well that aren't created as attractions in the park. Indiana Jones just doesn't seem to go along with Disney...maybe it's just me.

Star Wars doesn't seem Disney to me. Neither do the movies in the GMR. The Chinese Theatre doesn't seem Disney to me.

:rolleyes:

bhg469

MGM is disney's tribute to movies all movies thats why it fits , it was supposed to be a future world palilion at EPCOT but they build a whole park, my least favorite park but its still alot better than a small building at epcot

meeko_33785

The Speedway is at MK because it is the WDW eqivilent of Autopoia, which was part of Disneyland and was themed to a Futuristic Highway system when interstate highways were futuristic. Since then, rides like this have become a staple at all Magic Kingdoms. The kids like it, so it stays.

Indiana Jones is at MGM because when the Studios was first being built, the Imageneers did not think Disney had enough marketable franchises to fill a movie park. Star Wars and Indiana Jones were popular when the park was being built and they struck a deal with Lucas to make them part of the park. That's the same reason they also included MGM films on the GMR, MuppetVision 3D, and the Ninja Turles show at the park when it first opened.

justinsul1

RnRC is there b/c Disney MGM is a tribute to all things show business from the wonders of television, the magic of movies, the panache of broadway, to the power of rock and roll.

josh_e_washie

The Speedway is at MK because it is the WDW eqivilent of Autopoia, which was part of Disneyland and was themed to a Futuristic Highway system when interstate highways were futuristic. Since then, rides like this have become a staple at all Magic Kingdoms. The kids like it, so it stays.

Indiana Jones is at MGM because when the Studios was first being built, the Imageneers did not think Disney had enough marketable franchises to fill a movie park. Star Wars and Indiana Jones were popular when the park was being built and they struck a deal with Lucas to make them part of the park. That's the same reason they also included MGM films on the GMR, MuppetVision 3D, and the Ninja Turles show at the park when it first opened.

I think that this is the best reason for why these attractions are found in their respective parks. Another good point from wild01ride is that disney is so successful because of what it offers a large variety of people...another question that will make you think...why is IASW in fantasyland? Is it a fantasy to meet a whole bunch of singing puppets from around the world? Maybe to some, but not to me! lol, just kidding...i love IASW:lol:

Woody13

Small cars that only travel at 7 mph in very heavy congestion is the perfect example of what the future holds for all motorists. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway is truly a futuristic vision! :D

TURKEY

Originally posted by Woody13
Small cars that only travel at 7 mph in very heavy congestion is the perfect example of what the future holds for all motorists. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway is truly a futuristic vision! :D

and they've got the pollution as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom