Celebrity Spotlight question

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
I have a question about this almost year old meet and greet at Hollywood Studios, will there'll be different characters in the future?, if Olaf moves out, because even though he's a good character(he can't be there forever)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Olaf isn't probably going anywhere anytime soon. Frozen is still very popular amongst the young and old alike. Yes some can't stand Frozen but there is even more who love it. My guess is he will be there until the newer areas open up at least. Lol I plan to meet him on our next trip being I missed him the last one. ;)

Princess Leia

They honestly should have had Nick & Judy from Zootopia there quite some time ago...But, apparently they figured a snowman would work whereas they could have thrown him to Epcot with the sisters..
I will never understand why Disney dropped the ball on promoting Zootopia at the parks. Nick & Judy, as well as Moana, should be everywhere. If DHS still had their excellent parades from the 90s, Zootopia would definitely be going down the streets every day.

thomas998

They honestly should have had Nick & Judy from Zootopia there quite some time ago...But, apparently they figured a snowman would work whereas they could have thrown him to Epcot with the sisters..
I think they planned to have them split up to insure parents of Frozen fans would need to hit both parks and not just one. I'm almost surprised they didn't stick one sister in EPCOT, one in Animal Kingdom, Olaf at Studios and Sven at MK just to insure you had to hit every park.

thomas998

I will never understand why Disney dropped the ball on promoting Zootopia at the parks. Nick & Judy, as well as Moana, should be everywhere. If DHS still had their excellent parades from the 90s, Zootopia would definitely be going down the streets every day.
I don't think they saw it as as marketable of an assets as Frozen. With Frozen you have princesses which insures you have dolls, costumes and all manner of junk that you can sell to little girls... Zootopia just didn't have the same marketability as Frozen.... Also not sure Zootopia was even as successful as Frozen... While Zootopia took in more money on opening weekend than Frozen it suffered bigger drops in revenue the following weeks compared to Frozen which seemed to have longer legs at the box office... When a show can hold its own you would have more assurances that investing in meet and greet spots for the characters would have a longer shelf life than if on a show like Zootopia where the audience interest seemed to wane pretty quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom