Celebrity Sightings

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
I thought that this would be interesting to hear about.

Have any of you guys ever had any celeb run-ins/sightings while on Disney property?

mpaul32001

I decided there are so many I'll just make a list. If I think of more, I'll add them. These are in no specific order.

Regis
Kelly
David Cook
David Archuleta
Miley Cyrus
Billy Ray Cyrus
Sarah Brightman
Imagination Movers
Tom Cruise
High School Musical Cast
Mary Poppins on Broadway Cast

Marty Sklar
Jim Mcfee
Joe Rhode

Regis & Kelly

3270205315_8e6f8370bf.jpg

David Cook

3088625074_b9757b9055.jpg

Sarah Brightman

3087811047_63856aaa00.jpg

Does Billy Flannigan Count?

3087880307_cdd2549060.jpg

Mary Poppins on Broadway Cast

3088736886_c12b973151.jpg

Miley Cyrus

3087902227_d191943064.jpg

Billy Ray Cyrus

3088742550_5261ee2bfc.jpg

Regis

3087889939_cb1bb07dd1.jpg

Kelly

3087895805_e6dea03197.jpg

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
3087811047_63856aaa00.jpg

OMG!!!! I love, love, love, love her!!!! I saw her in concert last year!

But, anyways :D....I can't believe you've seen so many! I have never seen a celeb at Disney (But I did see Ashley Tisdale at Universal...)!

dumbosgirl13

omg sooo jealous! i wonder if there is a way to find out when the celebs will be there!? im sorry but seeingg zac efron in wdw would make my life complete! :lol:

a2grafix

I said on a similar celebrity sightings thread in the general discussion area a few weeks back that I was at WDW when the late Princess Diana and her sons, Prince William and Prince Harry, were on holiday in August 1993.

Found it -- this thread.

I also posted in this thread about celebrity sightings back in January 2010.

Here's another celebrity sightings thread from August 2009.

Here's another celebrity sightings thread dated March 2008. This thread links up to a celebrity sightings thread nine pages deep.

Steve! Can we lock this thread?

Grlwonder

It's rare for me to see celebs in the park. I only remember seeing this spanish talk show person in Tommorowland. My family and I were sitting in the restaurant and she was like 3 tables away from us. I don't really know who she was, but my mom watches the show so she knew who it was. She was one of those celebs that a lot of people don't know, and I only saw like 2 people asking for a photo.

figment1988

i'll throw my celeb sighting card now before someone chooses the "permanent lock" trap card. in february, i was two rows away from Ruben Studdard on Soarin'.

sweetpee_1993

Why lock the thread? Is it that horrible to discuss a topic more than once? And what about sightings/updates since the last thread? Would I really be expected to come back from vacation then dig up some long ago buried thread just to add an update? :shrug:

I guarrantee you'll never see me do that. :p

To answer the question, I've seen Regis & Kelly (wasn't impressed) while walking onstage for the parade filming in 2007. We listened to the Jonas Bros. sing a Christmas song 3 times while we had our family portrait shoot in the Rose Garden. I've never noticed anyone randomly like on their vacation but the hubby has lots. I just don't pay much attention or look into faces when I'm doing my own thing.

Oh! And we went to a hard ticket event in the Magic Kingdom when I was a kid called "Country Music Jamboree". Had to been early to mid 80s. Saw Sylvia perform "Snapshot" on the castle stage and Loise Mandrell for several songs in the Galaxy Theater. Didn't see them but listened to Nitty Gritty Dirt Band & Charlie Daniels. Blast from the past, huh?!

PalisadesPkteer

Miley Cyrus at Disneyland Nov. 2007. They were taping the Disneyland segment of the Christmas show. She was there to sing her part of it. I was leaving the park to catch my shuttle to airport because I was going home that day. Didn't get to hear all of it.

Kelly Rippa WDW in MK Dec 2009 She was there without Regis because he was or had surgery around that time. Again for taping of WDW segment of Christmas show.

Boy she sure was Beautiful. And again could not stop long to see all of it.

I was being a nice guy and was helping a Canadian woman and her adult son by being a tour guide of sorts. They had a so-so vacation until they asked me to help them out a little. Too much stress they said because they had no idea what to do when and where. So I became a tour guide you could say for 2 - 3 days.

Do I get a gold star from The Disney Mom?

olmec26

June 2008, Magic Kingdom. One night I was walking in front of the Crystal Palace/Casey's Corner to get to Tomorrowland and this huge dude with long hair was walking rather slowly in front of me. Turns out it was Peter Mayhew, who was in town for Star Wars Weekends.

Right after I passed him up, I realized that I had inadvertantly reenacted a Star Wars scene - I had the walking carpet in my way!

princessmelinda

Yeah, I've seen Regis and Kelly taping shows at DHS (but when it was MGM). And I've seen Raven Simone doing a piece for the Christmas parade :) its so exciting seeing famous people lol.

The Disney Kid

I saw Joe Rhode in the AK. He was with a group and I didn't want to intrude. I just stood to one side, applauded, and said, "Good job". Too which he mouthed, "Thank you". I really wish I had stopped him and taken a photo......And asked him when the Yeti would be repaired.

Courtney1188

I was in Disney this past week, and was very jealous of the Grad Night kids, because Boys Like Girls were performing for them and they are one of my favorite bands.

Not exactly at WDW, but...on my way home, guess who was just one row away from us on the airplane?! I was SO excited, they were very nice and signed my boarding pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom