Celebrities in the park

psuchad

Original Poster
Does anyone have interesting stories about “bumping” into celebrities at the Disney Parks? Don’t give examples of seeing a celebrity at a scheduled or staged appearance. I am talking about a celebrity walking around the park just like you or I.
<o =""></o>

In May 2003, my family was at <st1 =""><st1 ="">Blizzard</st1><st1 ="">Beach</st1> </st1>for the day. After waiting in line for nearly a half hour to ride the tubes in the back of the park, we see these three very large men with full body guard attire on. They pushed their way through the line (I guess celebrities don’t have to wait) and walked right in front of me as I was next to get on the slide. The person that was butting in line was none other than Mariah Carey.

She was walking around the water park in 6 inch heels. I will repeat that, 6 INCH HEELS! I really felt sorry for her guards since every time she got on a slide they had to hold her shoes and run to the bottom to get her. They would climb back to the top of the mountain carrying he tubes and rafts while she rode a secret elevator.

shakes20

My family and I saw a caravan of people coming down the exit of IASW some riding scooters, others walking along side, accompanied by CMs. I finally saw the man in the first scooter, and it was James Brown. As we passed them on our way out my wife said "How are you?" and I kid you not, James Brown replied "I feel good!"
When we reached the exit I got my video camera out and recorded our sighting for posterity.

JackJack84

as i was getting off big thunder mountain a huge posse was waiting to get on and i looked over and saw Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen.............then i was at animal kingdom and saw Gary Sinise walking around...........i was so excited to see 2 celebrities in one trip (yes 2 because i count the olsens as one person haha)

Atta83

I saw Shaq two years ago. Then I heard on this past trip that I missed Will Smith with Jada and the kids :(

DisneyCrazyGirl

I am the type of person that if a celebrity was standing right next to me, I would absolutely NOT notice. And I am like the celebrity officianado in my office.

My brothers rode Tower of Terror with Ben Savage (Boy Meets World). Also, back in the day, I saw Chase and Tiffany from the Mickey Mouse Club (the newer one) @ MGM, I was SO excited! Talk about C-List celebrity sightings !!

MiRi

Haven't really seen anyone huge. I have seen a recording of the MMC at MGM back in the day. I remember seeing Chase, Dee Dee, and Fred. That's it.

psuchad

Original Poster
DisneyCrazyGirl said:
My brothers rode Tower of Terror with Ben Savage (Boy Meets World).

I am surprised parks (not only Disney) don’t hire celebrities to ride attractions with people. They would sell a lot more ride pictures that way.

Nemo14

I was in the audience of the old stage show in Mickey's Toontown with Steven Spielberg when my son was about 4 (he only knew that Spielberg had something to do with Animaniacs:lol:. He wanted to get his autograph, but we figured it would look a little strange with "Goofy, Chip, Dale, Steven Spielberg, Minnie, Alladin,...".My husband had taken my daughter on Space Mt. while my son and I went to the show, and he never (tothis day!!!) believed me that we saw Spielberg.

figmentfan

I was leaving Magic Kingdom, and this group of people walked right pass me. There was one of those Disney VIP Cast Members with them, and it was Montel Williams.

Raven ... from thats so raven on disney channel

We saw all these news cameras in the lobby of the Gfloridian when we were eating on our floor buffet looking over the balcony then the elevator opened and raven walked out with all her dancers and makeup people etc. ..... she was really nice and we got to talk to her for a long time then when she had to get ready we talked to one of her dancers David and we ate with him for a while it was alot of fun

-tyler

Parkeit

I saw hulk hogan getting off of big thunder mountain...that was weird.

Oh, and I am almost positive I sat next to the drummer from Aerosmith while waiting to be seated at the Coral Reef. I am not exactly sure it was him, but he was wearing leather flame pants and had a tour guide with him and his family. Plus I knew what he looked like since I had ridden Rockin Rollercoaster the day before!

Boo's Mom

speaking of Aerosmith, I missed Joe Perry by 20 minutes a few years ago while riding RnRC. When I got in line, he was just getting off and was in the gift shop. The lady ringing up my merchandise after I got off the ride told me he had just walked out the store 20 min. before. :cry:

kraffty

Hung out with Drew Carey in PI back in 2000. Ran into him at Mannequins and he was by himself...he was really down to earth and even bought a round for us! I think he was there promoting the Disney movie "Gepetto" that was shown on ABC.

clarkstallings

Celebs I've Seen at Disney

I've seen Michael Eisner and I saw Christy Romano at PI. The best person I saw and actually got to meet was Sean Hannity. He'd been broadcasting at the Studios. I saw him walking with a manager in front of Star Tours. I introduced myself and we chatted for a few minutes. He's a very down to Earth guy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom