Cat in the hat

disnyfan89

Original Poster
What ever you do please do not go see this movie!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the worse movie I have ever seen and I realy mean it!!!!!! If you thought it was going to be like the grinch you are in for a big shock!!!! I feel sorry for anyone who has to pay to see this movie!! Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

imagineer boy

I heard that it has a lot of Mike Meyers type potty jokes. Come on! This is based off of a charming Dr. Suess book!!!!! Not Shrek!!!! I think that they should've done a CG cat instead of a freaky man in a costume. It is great news that this movie is horrible: It will make alot of money this weekend, but once mothers go around telling other mothers how bad and inapropriate it is, they won't take their children to it, then more people will see the haunted mansion.

A Kind Of Magic

M. Myers “CATapulted”? Party Time, Excellent?

Okay first see the movie.

Trailers really don't mean much.

How many times have you seen a bad trailer and a good movie?

First see the movie then comment.

I have seen the movie.

:)

bigbadwolf

Originally posted by imagineer boy
I heard that it has a lot of Mike Meyers type potty jokes. Come on! This is based off of a charming Dr. Suess book!!!!! Not Shrek!!!! I think that they should've done a CG cat instead of a freaky man in a costume. It is great news that this movie is horrible: It will make alot of money this weekend, but once mothers go around telling other mothers how bad and inapropriate it is, they won't take their children to it, then more people will see the haunted mansion.

I havnt seen it... But i did see a clip...
The cat in the hat pics up a picture of the kid's mom. His hat pops up?!?! Then he says "That was awkward."

The_CEO

Re: M. Myers “CATapulted”? Party Time, Excellent?

Originally posted by A Kind Of Magic

I have seen the movie.

Demanding.

Nah - I think I'll just comment and not see a piece of garbage thanks.

A Kind Of Magic

"A Cat In YOUR Hat" ?

If you haven't seen "The Cat In The Hat" movie how do you know it's good or bad?

This makes no sense?

I don't see Eddie Murphy in the "Haunted Mansion" ride at Disney but will I be judgmental in not seeing the movie, of course not.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Re: "A Cat In YOUR Hat" ?

I don't see Eddie Murphy in the "Haunted Mansion" ride at Disney but will I be judgmental in not seeing the movie, of course not.

I've seen it... it stinks..

Erika

Re: M. Myers “CATapulted”? Party Time, Excellent?

I have seen the movie.

You are right, but trailers are what gets us to the movies. If they can't produce a good trailer I am not making a $25-30 gamble that it MIGHT be an ok film.

I stand by my statement that Mike Myers as the cat is total nightmare material :lol:

Maerj

I didn't care for the Grinch movie, I'll stay with the animated version of that. I don't know about this new movie of it...

I DID see Haunted Mansion and enjoyed it quite a bit. To me, it felt like an old fashioned style Disney adventure with some comedy thrown in here and there. Eddie Murphy and his kids are pretty funny in the film. Like in the Pirates movie there are a few nods to the theme park attraction throughout the film, which I'm sure everyone here will love. When you see it, stay after the credits, there's a minute long bit at the very end.

SlideOperatorCP

I hated Cat in the Hat and so did everyone else who saw it with me! There were actually people who booed (okay, one person... but there was still a BOO)
Mike Myers didn't even make up a new character... it was just all his old SNL characters thrown into one. The took a 45 minute movie and made it WAAAAAAAAAAAY too long!
I am 21 and when I go see a kids movie I suck it up and expect to see a kids movie... this movie was trying SOOOO hard to make the adults laugh that it missed the whole point of Dr. Suess's stories. A movie is a classic when it can make the kids and adults laugh...like Aladin.... but this movie has them going through a Rave which I thought was weird.,... hey, I am kinda a square when it comes to innapropriate things.... but even my boyfriend thought it too.

may I suggest ELF.... one of the best movies I have seen.... well since POTC:)

Legacy

So far, between Elf, Brother Bear, Looney Toons and Cat and the Hat, I think the order from best to worst is:

Brother Bear

Looney Tunes

Elf

Cat and the Hat

(The first three absloutely pounds the Cat into the ground.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom