castmembers rude?

NowInc

Originally posted by Disneyowner182
have you ever had castmember be rude to you?

Yes..but I can totally understand why. They put up with a LOT of crap every day, even they snap sometimes. Usually the rudeness comes at the end of a hot day during the season...I really give them credit for not going off on people more often.

Tom Morrow

I've seen them a little cranky towards the end of the day, especially when your in line right before closing. But thats understandable, like Now said, they put up with so much crap from some total moron guests. They never are rude to me though, because I follow the rules, am polite, and know what to do! :D

smotw

It is understandable, but kinda spoil that idea that everything is perfect on Disney World. I think I would be really angry if that happened to me.

tmm7899

I have never had a cast member act rude to me unless it was one of my friends and I was harrasssing them. I totally understand though if a cast member comes across as rude. Try to see it from there point of view, how would you feel at the end of your shift and people kept coming up to you and tapping the enclosure of the animal that you have and asking if it is real........ Opps I guess you can see that sometimes I got fed up with some guests. If I ever "snapped" on one of you lovely people I am sorry :)

asics1cc

Snapping...

I am going to be working in Disney World, for the Spring and Summer College internship. I am one of the most understanding and patient people in the world. But I would most likely snap if I hear the the all famous question too many times in one day. "What time is the Three O'Clock parade."

NowInc

Re: Snapping...

Originally posted by asics1cc
I am going to be working in Disney World, for the Spring and Summer College internship. I am one of the most understanding and patient people in the world. But I would most likely snap if I hear the the all famous question too many times in one day. "What time is the Three O'Clock parade."

LoL..i have a few friends who work in the parks, and one of them is the most care free and mellow person you could ever meet. Even she comes home some nights kicking and screaming....it all just comes with the territory..

Camelot

I have never had a Castmember be rude to me, either.

From having read this forum for the last few months, I observed the castmembers more closely, during my visit to WDW last week.

There are a lot of jobs at the parks that are a real grind and probably boring and others that must get stressful as heck, like getting assigned the parade detail, and repeatedly telling people as nicely as possible, not to stand in a certain area during the parade, and having someone curse you out, for doing your job....I observed this personally at the Share A Dream Come True parade last Saturday afternoon at the MK.

Smee

I have never ever seen any really rude cast members, although I have observed numerous idiot guests who deserved one.

Even at their worst, WDW cast members are far better than any other park's employees for attitude and patience. There are none better anywhere.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
My last visit, I got on a bus at Epcot closing, and the driver said "I've been working 10 hours, and this is my last drive before I get to quit for the night, so I suggest you hang on to something, because I'm not going slow"

He wasn't kidding....i feared for my life.

Maria

Re: Snapping...

Originally posted by asics1cc

LOL! you can count on being asked "where are the restrooms"? more than anything!

Greeting at the mexican pavillion (where there are no bathrooms inside, but the ones for the restaurant), I had tons of people asking that one after another one...even queing to ask me the same thing!! So one day, after getting fed up of the same question guest after guest, when I saw a bunch queing to talk to me, I yelled "who wants to know where the restrooms are???"... to my surprise, they all raised their hands! We all laughed and I told them where to go. I didn´t have to answer that for another......... 1 minute! lol :lol: But it surely released the tension.... hehe :animwink:

NowInc

Re: Re: Snapping...

Originally posted by Maria

LOL! you can count on being asked "where are the restrooms"? more than anything!

Greeting at the mexican pavillion (where there are no bathrooms inside, but the ones for the restaurant), I had tons of people asking that one after another one...even queing to ask me the same thing!! So one day, after getting fed up of the same question guest after guest, when I saw a bunch queing to talk to me, I yelled "who wants to know where the restrooms are???"... to my surprise, they all raised their hands! We all laughed and I told them where to go. I didn´t have to answer that for another......... 1 minute! lol :lol: But it surely released the tension.... hehe :animwink:

LoL..nice plan...they should just have someone at the parks that does just that...announces where the bathrooms are every 5 minutes..

Sheri

Nope, but a cast member pretended to me mad at me one time:

When I went on Tower of terror (the first time) I had a weird habbit of kicking things when I was bored (!), not hard or anything, Just as kind of something to do. And while me and my cousin were waiting to get on, i kicked a wall, and the cast member saw me and after we got on and waited for the rdie to start, she said if anything bad happens it's my fault :)

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Fievel
My last visit, I got on a bus at Epcot closing, and the driver said "I've been working 10 hours, and this is my last drive before I get to quit for the night, so I suggest you hang on to something, because I'm not going slow"

He wasn't kidding....i feared for my life.

LOL! hey, i think i've been on that bus before! but i bet it was one heck of a ride for the people standing up! lol!

as for rude castmembers....yes..an older lady working in one of the shops at the Chinese pavilion. it was a few years ago, and i had picked up a little plastic toy thing, and she told me rudely not to mess with it. but other than that i've encountered no rude castmembers, as far as i know.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Oh the joys of seldom ever speaking to guests. I may not be able to talk to the cool ones, but I don't have to speak to the dumb ones.. :D

VashtheStampede

I've had a few not so great cast members! Wait scratch that, I've had alot of not so great cast members! Now that were evil, just not good CMs.

Also has a CM i've had a ton of rude Guests! Most guests treat CMs very poorly. It's quite sad. For every one rude Cast member there are 20 rude guests!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom