Castle Christmas Lighting

csaguy

Original Poster
When will the Castle Christmas lighting start? Is it every night til christmas?
We'll be there Nov 16-19. :xmas:

hwdelien

It has been my experience that Christmas starts the day after Thanksgiving. I was there a few years ago Thanksgiving week. We were in the park Thanksgiving day and when we came back on Friday, Christmas had happened. They even brought in snow in what was then called MGM Studios. It was the MOST magical thing I have EVER seen. There wasn't even a hint of Christmas on Thanksgiving day.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I thought it was before the day after Thanksgiving b/c of the MVMCP will begin prior to the day after Thanksgiving.

Atta83

The lights will be on by the first party which is November 10th. So they might actually start that sunday the 9th.

JPVonDrake

Cinderella's Holiday Wish - Cinderella makes a special wish to the Fairy Godmother and the castle is lit with sparkling white lights.

This year's performances will begin on Sunday, November 9, 2008 and run through Wednesday, December 31, 2008. The show is preformed daily at 5:45 PM. The show will offer a Sign Language Interpreter on most Mondays and Thursdays throughout the season.

Silvermist

It has been my experience that Christmas starts the day after Thanksgiving. I was there a few years ago Thanksgiving week. We were in the park Thanksgiving day and when we came back on Friday, Christmas had happened. They even brought in snow in what was then called MGM Studios. It was the MOST magical thing I have EVER seen. There wasn't even a hint of Christmas on Thanksgiving day.

I really wish it was still this way. I understand there are some decorations (Osborne Lights, etc.) that take more time to put up and can't go up overnight, but it would be so nice to keep the holidays exclusive to their traditional time period.

My personal preference would be Halloween events/decorations starting no sooner than the first day of Fall ending on Halloween night but keeping fall decorations up through Thanksgiving Day and Christmas decorations/events not "appearing" until the day after Thanksgiving and ending with New Years Day.

It seems they keep extending them to earlier and earlier start dates each year. I know why they do it, I just don't care much for it. Just my opinion.

Horizons1

It seems they keep extending them to earlier and earlier start dates each year. I know why they do it, I just don't care much for it. Just my opinion.

I hear ya there, but WDW has grown quite a considerable amount, and that's A LOT of Christmas to get up in one night. It's the curse of size I'm afraid, when you've got more to do, to get it done on time you gotta start early.

Ah well, better than no Christmas at all. That'd be a bummer. I do wish Disney would decorate the TTC again, however. They haven't done it in a few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom