Castaway Snorkeling Excursions

jme

Original Poster
Hey guys - I've searched a couple forums and haven't really found anything.
While at Castaway Cay there are a couple of options for snorkeling excursions:
Rigid Hull - Link - $110/per adult - 90 minutes snorkel time
Catamaran - Link - $55/per adult - 75 minutes snorkel time

Now there are some obvious differences like the rigid hull lasts a bit longer, and its price is double. And the boat that takes you out is a different kind of vessel than the catamaran... but beyond that I'm not seeing much difference.

Has anyone tried either of these?
The rigid hull says it takes you to some shallows (6-15' depths), while the catamaran just says "vibrant reef' - basically I'm trying to determine if one is worth double the price of the other... so if anyones done both that'd be great, but if not, even some reviews from those who have done one or the other would help.

Thanks!

Phonedave

It is hard to say without knowing what reefs they are going to, but the rigid hull seems be further away, and also includes some open water wildlife / tour type of stuff.

If the prices were the same, I would say the rigid hull (looks like less people on the boat = better chances of seeing fish) but with the price difference and fact that I don't know where either are going, would make think about the Catamaram ($110 is high for a snorkeling trip IMHO)

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom