Cast Member Pay

Bloopers

I get paid 7.83 an hr. (College program students get paid a few cents less since min. wage increased this year, LOL...) Each shift is 6 hours. Takes me 40 minutes to get there WITHOUT traffic. Leave 1.5 hours before work. After taxes, about 40 bucks a day. And they talk about overtime pay blah blah blah, but to get overtime seems to be such a feat.

You're welcome. :eek:

G00fyDad

I get paid 7.83 an hr. (College program students get paid a few cents less since min. wage increased this year, LOL...) Each shift is 6 hours. Takes me 40 minutes to get there WITHOUT traffic. Leave 1.5 hours before work. After taxes, about 40 bucks a day. And they talk about overtime pay blah blah blah, but to get overtime seems to be such a feat.

You're welcome. :eek:

I didn't think that they paid worth a crap. Seems like I remember a bus driver once saying that they only made $9.00/hr. o_O

Bloopers

I didn't think that they paid worth a crap. Seems like I remember a bus driver once saying that they only made $9.00/hr. o_O

The only people that gets paid well are the ones in air conditioned rooms sitting on their butts all day :rolleyes:

I'm in school so I'm treating the job as a hobby, however, I know people who are working at that rate and trying to make a living from it. IDK how they do it. I know a girl who depends on Disney to make a living and she's a part-time cast member.. been trying to get 'promoted' to full time for quite a while already.

G00fyDad

The only people that gets paid well are the ones in air conditioned rooms sitting on their butts all day :rolleyes:

I'm in school so I'm treating the job as a hobby, however, I know people who are working at that rate and trying to make a living from it. IDK how they do it. I know a girl who depends on Disney to make a living and she's a part-time cast member.. been trying to get 'promoted' to full time for quite a while already.

And as I remember the cost of living in Florida (even up in Jacksonville where I lived) was not cheap. $7+ per hour is not enough here where I live right now and it is cheaper to live here than in Florida.

litaljohn

do "performing cast members" get paid better? I remember back when AK first opened and they had the warden type person that caught the poachers at the end of the safari with a fake gun (that later became a Walkie talkie) if your entire day comprised of getting yelled at, "but is little red okay!?!l" fighting that urge to just once in a while pull the canvas on the trucksdo it hides the animatronic and just sadly yelling back " we....we tried..... we did everything we could..." you fight that urge all day, you deserve like a thousand dollars each day, I would never make it past the first hour.

JAG107

Not sure if this is o/t, but in 1999 I started in attractions at DL @ $7.21, and top rate at the time was $10.24, which dropped to $9.94 in 2003 IIRC. Top rate in the late 80's was around $9 I believe, so not a lot of raises in the past 20+ years. WDW pays slightly less than the CA parks I believe...

Bloopers

do "performing cast members" get paid better? I remember back when AK first opened and they had the warden type person that caught the poachers at the end of the safari with a fake gun (that later became a Walkie talkie) if your entire day comprised of getting yelled at, "but is little red okay!?!l" fighting that urge to just once in a while pull the canvas on the trucksdo it hides the animatronic and just sadly yelling back " we....we tried..... we did everything we could..." you fight that urge all day, you deserve like a thousand dollars each day, I would never make it past the first hour.

Typically, yes, they do get paid better. I think it said on the website that the starting rate for look-alike roles is 12.40/hr. I say 'typically' because my friend works at "The Great Movie" ride and she gets paid the same hourly rate (7.83/hr more or less) for the acting roles implemented on that ride too.

Bloopers

And as I remember the cost of living in Florida (even up in Jacksonville where I lived) was not cheap. $7+ per hour is not enough here where I live right now and it is cheaper to live here than in Florida.

I used to live in Jacksonville! But yeah, the cost of living here isn't exactly cheap. And we all know how sucky gas prices are these days... Costs me $50 to fill a tank and I fill it about once a week. People don't work at Disney to be rich, they work there cause they enjoy making people happy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom