Casey Jr. Being "Reassessed"

Amused to Death

Original Poster
Anyone with half a brain knew this was going to happen:

Casey_01.jpg
Mom helps her daughter squeeze through the fence.
Casey_02.jpg
Big guy caught in the act.
Casey_03.jpg
Three in the cab plus one in the tender.
I noticed a group of four or five Disney managers/engineers closely watching Casey Jr. today and I couldn't help but engage them in a conversation about "the fence."

They told me that they're in the process of "reassessing" Casey Jr.

One was quick to agree with me that the fence was a stupid idea. "I told them it wasn't going to work," he said.

I pointed out that because the kids are climbing over the fence, it's actually far more dangerous than having nothing there at all. They said they're worried about getting complaints from guests about Casey Jr. not being ADA compliant if they remove the fence — that handicapped children will also want to climb aboard the train.

I gave them my solution: 1) Remove the fence; 2) Remove the steps leading up to the cab; 3) Close off access to the cab with either metal or clear plexiglas door panels. Two of them said, "Sounds good. Let's do it." Another one added, "If you come back in a couple of weeks and see that we've done exactly that, you can tell everyone it was your idea."

It will be interesting to see what they end up doing with Casey Jr. At the moment, the fence is an accident waiting to happen.

Gregoryp73

I gave them my solution: 1) Remove the fence; 2) Remove the steps leading up to the cab; 3) Close off access to the the cab with either metal or clear plexiglas door panels. Two of them said, "Sounds good. Let's do it." Another one added, "If you come back in a couple of weeks and see that we've done exactly that, you can tell everyone it was your idea."

It will be interesting to see what they end up doing with Casey Jr. At the moment, the fence is an accident waiting to happen.

That's hilarious....you need to follow up with "send the check to..."

WDWBryan

Or just remove the fence and let people play in it like it was designed for.

Also there was supossed to be a CM there to monitor the fence I guess either they weren't watching or didn't care / want to get wet

ImagineerDude

My first reaction was "Haha, this is hilarious! I'm sharing this on FB", but now it's just ridiculous... you should talk them into giving you an imagineering job :p

devoy1701

wait....so are the kids NOT supposed to be playing on Casey Jr at all? I haven't seen the area in person, and I was wondering why a fence would be built in a play area...but the design of the engine looks like it welcomes people to play in/on/around it. I guess I need to look at some more pictures of the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom