Carry-on bags

tk924

Original Poster
In our pre-trip info that we recently received it states the following about carry-on bags:
...carry-on bag not to exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep.

Are they strict with carry-on bag size? Do they measure if they think it's close?
I think our largest carry-on is slightly larger in a couple of directions and, ironically, it's a Disney Cruise Line bag given to us at our local AAA. o_O

wogwog

In our pre-trip info that we recently received it states the following about carry-on bags:

Are they strict with carry-on bag size? Do they measure if they think it's close?
I think our largest carry-on is slightly larger in a couple of directions and, ironically, it's a Disney Cruise Line bag given to us at our local AAA. o_O
I believe it is more to do with will it fit through the X-ray machine for screening. I have never seen them actually measure a bag. But keep in mind you will be lugging all of your carry on around the ship with you until about 1:30 when they normally open access to your cabin. So if you board early that could be tiresome.

Tom

Beta Return
I believe it is more to do with will it fit through the X-ray machine for screening. I have never seen them actually measure a bag. But keep in mind you will be lugging all of your carry on around the ship with you until about 1:30 when they normally open access to your cabin. So if you board early that could be tiresome.

Yes, this. Must fit thru x-Ray machine just like at the airport.

Pack as lightly as possible to board the ship. Go with a couple backpacks if you need lots of stuff. It's a bit of a hassle to deal with at lunch and while walking the ship prior to room being ready.

Disneyfalcon

Yes, what @Tom and @wogwog said. It just has to fit through the X-ray machine, I've never seen them measure.

I'm not comfortable with DCL handling my camera equipment, and it weighs a ton, so I usually pack it all in a rolling carry-on. It's a bit of a hassle as mentioned, but rolling something is easier than carrying for me.

sweetpee_1993

Yep. Cases of water and cases of beer also fit in rolling duffles. We met a guy who had a full bar setup in a rolling carryon size suitcase. It was packed all professional-like with foam dividers & everything! Just sayin'....since I don't carryon anything near as cool as @Disneyfalcon! :angelic:

Disneyfalcon

Yep. Cases of water and cases of beer also fit in rolling duffles. We met a guy who had a full bar setup in a rolling carryon size suitcase. It was packed all professional-like with foam dividers & everything! Just sayin'....since I don't carryon anything near as cool as @Disneyfalcon! :angelic:

Lol! The carry-on is boring, but what's inside is cool!! :)

You are the one with the awesome carry-on now!

sweetpee_1993

image.jpg
Lol! The carry-on is boring, but what's inside is cool!! :)

You are the one with the awesome carry-on now!
Tracey totally swears I'm gonna get jacked by TSA with this one:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom