Carousel Theater SuperSpeed Tunnel?

The_Bellringer

Original Poster
After Peoplemover closed, what are they using the upper part of the innoventions building for? Is it part of the Star Wars Launch Bay?

I've never been inside the launch Bay so I have no idea, but am just interested as the SuperSpeed Tunnel sounded cool.

GiveMeTheMusic

After Peoplemover closed, what are they using the upper part of the innoventions building for? Is it part of the Star Wars Launch Bay?

I've never been inside the launch Bay so I have no idea, but am just interested as the SuperSpeed Tunnel sounded cool.

The second floor of the building was Super Hero HQ, and is now unused except for the outdoor portion, which is the much-maligned and very sad Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge.

The speed tunnel was closed off from the public portion of the building as it was on the PeopleMover track, and it was altered (made less interesting) for Rocket Rods, and hasn't been seen since.

BubbaQuest

If I remember correctly, when Rocket Rods opened there were windows in the otherwise plain tunnel so you could see inside Innoventions. I have a feeling those windows were always there because I think you used to be able to see Progress City from the people mover when Carousel of Progress was there. I'm assuming they blocked those windows when they added the speed tunnel screens and then removed the screens, re-exposing the windows, when Rocket Rods/Innoventions opened.

I'm assuming the windows are still there, but hidden behind the no longer used Super Hero HQ meet-n-greet? Or are they still visible and I just never bothered to look up?

George Lucas on a Bench

Incredible post! If you look to the top left of the Google Earth photo (where the former Peoplemovers or Rocket Rods would exit the current Buzz Lightyear building), you can see a messed up section of track where a tree grew into the track and took a chunk out of it.

BubbaQuest

Thanks for all the great pics! Does anyone know if you can still see the people mover windows from the upper deck of the Space Mountain queue? I forgot the area between Space Mountain and Carousel of Progress was outside (behind Pizza Port aka Mission to Mars).

BubbaQuest

And to answer my own question. Yes you can: https://www.google.com/maps/@33.811...-0-ya101.44358-ro0-fo100/!7i8704!8i4352?hl=en

space_mountain_people.png

The_Bellringer

Original Poster
@aSpeedingRock amazing pictures. I wish they could still operate the peoplemover.

I think Disneyland is great at utilizing the space they have, with attractions and just simply charm stuffed in every corner, and I believe the people mover was a fantastic example of this.

Phroobar

I miss seeing the space mountain line from up there. I also miss the Space Place restaurant where the FP tickets are now. You used to be able to come up here and eat and watch the stage show below. Captain EO killed that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom