Carnotaurus "stand in" on DINOSAUR

djkidkaz

It looks way better in that video in post #10, but when you see it in person, it looks absolutely ridiculous and horrible. I kid you not, it looks like a 17" tv with a photo of the carnotaurus on it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I was evacuated off the ride in February and shot this video. It includes a picture of this Carnotaurus head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo1b5bdtnmM

This thread is useless without a photo :wave:

I did a screen capture from the video, then brightened up the picture. This is really SAD.
carnoHead.jpg

DonaldDoleWhip

It looks way better in that video in post #10, but when you see it in person, it looks absolutely ridiculous and horrible. I kid you not, it looks like a 17" tv with a photo of the carnotaurus on it.
Completely agree - was so underwhelmed when we reached that part of the ride, and the photo sucked accordingly!

Figments Friend

Unkadug, you are awesome.
Thanks go out to RSoxNo1 too for sharing the fab video.
:wave:

I have heard about this fabled beast, but never actually saw exactly what it looked like. Yeah, it is pretty laughable, but imagine how much worse it would be with nothing there. They have to put something there in the meantime while Big Daddy is being fixed...

I may be mistaken, but did i hear correctly that there is also a mock up dino for the Carno who chases your vehicle when he is 'down'?

EpcotServo

You know, I think Carnohead gets a bad rep. He's not such a bad guy, I mean he's always stepping in for the running one. He's doin' the best a Carnohead can do!

docandsix

It's too "old school" to suggest, but why not just...

...TAKE THE ATTRACTION OUT OF CIRCULATION UNTIL THE #&*@! THING IS FIXED?

I guess we could debate until we're blue in the face what Walt Disney would do under this or that circumstance, but it's a given that he wouldn't stand for this kind of cut-rate, slipshod showmanship.

LucyintheSky

...TAKE THE ATTRACTION OUT OF CIRCULATION UNTIL THE #&*@! THING IS FIXED?

I guess we could debate until we're blue in the face what Walt Disney would do under this or that circumstance, but it's a given that he wouldn't stand for this kind of cut-rate, slipshod showmanship.

I agree. When I was a CM, I remember that a part of my training on Peter Pan involved "7 essential animations". If any one of those was not working, (for example, if Wendy on the gangplank wasn't shaking) the attraction wasn't supposed to open. I never came across this situation myself, so I never saw first hand it they'd still close for this reason, or if nowadays, they'd say, ah, no one will notice, lets not mess up our numbers.

But the Carno is such a big part of Dinosaur, I'm surprised they let it run with such a poor stand in. But on the other hand, look at the Yeti...:lookaroun

csaguy

It's a new virus

First Swine Flu, now Yeti Flu. It's spreading in AK!! Everybody wear a mask and use more hand sanitizer.

PurpleDragon

I did a screen capture from the video, then brightened up the picture. This is really SAD.
carnoHead.jpg

That has got to be the saddest thing I've ever seen in my life!! :eek::confused::brick:

I hope they have the real Carnotaurus fixed when I'm there in 2 weeks. I want my daughter to get the living snot scared out of her by the real one, and not be laughing her butt off at this joke of a prop.:rolleyes:

EDIT: I think its terribly sad that Disney is willing to let guest numbers dictate the level of functionality of an attraction. In the past when something broke, they would take it down and fix it. Now they put a band-aid on it(or crappy stand-in) and keep the attraction open to keep guest numbers up.

allgar

Well the day has come... I'll be sleeping at Disney World tonight (POR).

I was wondering does anyone know if there is a timeline for Dino to be fixed? This is one of my favorite rides and I remember the very first picture taken of the wife and I on this ride and the very real looks of terror. It was incredible. Of course first times can never be repeated but even in the many subsequent rides we've shared with the Dinos we've always managed to enjoy them and yup even get a little scared at the last Carno charge (although I swear it was toned down a few years ago).

Anyway, any information on whether its fixed or when it might be fixed would be appreciated.

steener618

Wow that is pathetic. It would probably be better off dressing up a CM in a dinosaur costume and standing in its place for the time being. :brick:

RSoxNo1

I'll look when I get home, but I think the original photo is lost forever (courtesy of my fiance knocking over my external hard drive).

Thanks for the screen capture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom