Caribbean Beach?

MM311

For my honeymoon to the greatest place on earth we have decided to stay at the caribbean beach resort, and I was just wondering how other people who have stayed there felt about it. It has been about four years since I last visited WDW, and we had always stayed at Dixie Landings(which is now Port Orleans riverside?), which is in the same price range, so I figured it would be a nice change and not break the bank, but anyway, I would love to hear some comments on the place, becuase I am so excited to stay there.:D

jborda87

Caribbean Beach is a very nice resort and it is HUGE!! I have stayed at both Dixie Landing and Caribbean Beach and if I could choose which one I liked best I would say Dixing Landing. But Caribbean Beach is very nice and you should enjoy it.

Upvote 0

Pippa

Yep I stayed there in 2000 (see my signature!) and stayed in Aruba. It was lovely and that was before its big refit! Good pizza from the food court and excellent cocktails at the pool side bar!
Happy Honeymoon!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I am one huge fan of Caribbean Beach!

Compared to Riverside, the rooms at CB are noticeably larger. The resort layout is the same--clusters of buildings surrounding a large lake with an island in the middle and a "loop" enclosing the entire Resort.

Just remove the fir trees and southern decadence and replace it with vibrant colors, millions of palms and tropical foliage, and a no worries laid back attitude. Listen for the steel drums and parrots.

The rooms underwent expansive remodeling a tad over a year ago. The foodcourt was re designed and the restaurant is all new and never better. Great dining, foodcourts and self service drinks are always helpful.

Just like Riveside, it is a very relaxful Resort with many nooks and private walkways throughout. Explore the island, walk the promenade, and sit in a strategically located hammock for a gentle swing on the beaches of the lake.

I would reccommend requesting rooms in either Aruba or Jamaica as they, to many, have the preferred location across the lake from the central hub for a peaceful stroll across the island in a more secluded area. Otherwise, Martinique and Trinidad North are very near Old Port Royale (the main spot). For the most seclusion, and farthest walk, get Trinidad South or Barbados.

But wherever, you cant go wrong. The colors are very uplifting and its just a wonderful place to stay. Very tropical.

Any more questions, always ask!!

Upvote 0

jojoyner55

I have stayed at both, and while CB was enjoyable, I greatly prefer POR (forgive me it is and always will be Dixie Landings). It is better layed out, smaller, and the food court is better and Boatwright's is great. Plus the landscapping and grounds are better. CB is too big. But hey, people like it as much as I like Dix... Okay, POR: Hey either one is better than most any other hotel you will find elsewhere: trust me on this - I make 8 to 12trips overseas each year.

Upvote 0

lamarvenoy

I have stayed at the CBR 8 times, it is a very nice resort. I prefer the layout of the CBR to that of the POR,it is a little more festiv and the food court is better. My favorite of the mods is still the Coronado, I was just there today for meeting in the convention center. As long as there is no convention CSR is the best mod.

Upvote 0

MM311

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replys, I am very excited about this trip, and I'm sure it will be as great as I am building it up to be, most likely better!

Upvote 0

civileng68

Account Suspended

Oh sorry, I posted my previous link on another CBR post.

Anyways, we stayed there for our honeymoon in March. It is the best! Why? because of Illuminations! You can see it from CBR and even hear the music! Great atmosphere! we loved it!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I'll agree that one can view Illuminations (and Sorcery in the Sky when that is displayed) from Caribbean Beach. Pretty much anywhere on the lakefront on the side of Old Port Royale, and another very nice location at the Aruba bus stop, which is directly across the street from the backsides of World Showcase. You can see the actual buildings behid the trees, thats how close it is. During Christmas season, we could even hear the CandleLight Processional singing form this locale.

That's another reason why I view Caribbean Beach as a great moderate, for its location. It does not feel separated from the Parks. Spaceship Earth is clearly visible, as are fireworks as previosuly mentioned. And MGM is literally 1 minute down the road. I've stayed at another mod. before and felt a tad separated.

And the live steeel drum band in the evenings is phenomenal! Adds super ambiance.

Upvote 0

iluvstitch

Surfsupdon- do know what villages at CBR are the preferred locations that cost extra? With the new Disney Visa code, I could only get a water view and not the preferred, so I'm looking for a room as close as possible to OPR (maybe across the bridge) but not preferred. Thanks!

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by iluvstitch
Surfsupdon- do know what villages at CBR are the preferred locations that cost extra? With the new Disney Visa code, I could only get a water view and not the preferred, so I'm looking for a room as close as possible to OPR (maybe across the bridge) but not preferred. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the only preferred buildings are in Martinique and possibly in Trinidad.

I know there are some in Martinique, but I don't know if they all are.

Upvote 0

Tenny317

Hey everytime I go to Disney with my family we stay at Caribbean Beach. Granted I have stayed at All Stars the last couple of times because of cheerleading and school trips. However, Carribean Beach is sooo lovely. I love the pool there with the slide...haha. The rooms are really nice, bright and airy looking. Also renting the little boats to tool around on the lake are fun. And if I remember correctly you can take boats to downtown disney? (people may correct me on that) Oh! Also at carribean beach they have little islands with birds, trees and flowers. So cute!!

Upvote 0

civileng68

Account Suspended
boats

Originally posted by Tenny317
Hey everytime I go to Disney with my family we stay at Caribbean Beach. Granted I have stayed at All Stars the last couple of times because of cheerleading and school trips. However, Carribean Beach is sooo lovely. I love the pool there with the slide...haha. The rooms are really nice, bright and airy looking. Also renting the little boats to tool around on the lake are fun. And if I remember correctly you can take boats to downtown disney? (people may correct me on that) Oh! Also at carribean beach they have little islands with birds, trees and flowers. So cute!!

you can rent boats to use in the lake at CBR but cannot take them to downtown Disney from CBR. CBRs waterway is not connected to the others via a main channel.

Upvote 0

LivefortheMouse

At carribean beach u will feel like if u took ur honeymoon in the islands but with the service and friendlyness of the greatest place on earth DISNEY! have fun i love this resort.:king: u will fell like royalty

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Yes, I do know the answer.

The Disney preferred rooms are Martinique and Trinidad North Islands. Get a water view in Aruba or Jamiaca. I reccommend any room Aruba 5256--5261. It is a second story wing having a completely unobstructed view across the lake to OPR. (Even if your veranda is covered with palms and blocked by tress, if you face the water, you pay for water--even if you cant see it) We had that mistake before, so we did research ourselves that trip and found, what we think, to be the best rooms.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by surfsupdon
Yes, I do know the answer.

The Disney preferred rooms are Martinique and Trinidad North Islands. Get a water view in Aruba or Jamiaca. I reccommend any room Aruba 5256--5261. It is a second story wing having a completely unobstructed view across the lake to OPR. (Even if your veranda is covered with palms and blocked by tress, if you face the water, you pay for water--even if you cant see it) We had that mistake before, so we did research ourselves that trip and found, what we think, to be the best rooms.

Is every building in Trinidad North and Martinique a preferred building?

I think there's only 3 in Trinidad North, but about 5 or 6 in Martinique and some of them aren't really that close to OPR.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Yea, I can't see how the entire Islands can be preferred. I agree it can only be a certain few closest to OPR. But the specifics, I don't know. But you never know, maybe the entire islands are preferred.

Upvote 0

bsandersjr

CB is pretty awesome. My wife and I stayed there for our honeymoon. The only complaint we had, now keep in mind we went at the beginning of Jan (45* at night), was the size of the resort. And that was only because we did not know what to expect. It may be in your best interest to request a room close to the food court. Other than our long hike to the food court, and being unaware of the inter-resort transportation, everything was awesome.:king:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom