Caribbean Beach vs Port Orleans Riverside?

disney1114

Original Poster
Hi, all!
Planning a trip in Feb 2017 for hubby and I. We haven't been since we got engaged at MK in 2013, so we're really looking forward to it! I'm stuck between Riverside and Caribbean Beach..we want something relaxing but still close to everything and we really enjoy boat transportation if available. We plan on parking our car and not going back until we check out, but I've heard all resort transportation is great no matter what resort. We will probably spend the majority of our time at the parks, but being February I'm sure we will have some free evening time to enjoy the resort. Any suggestions? This is a "one last couple trip before babies come" vacation so quality of the room/bed is somewhat important :) TIA!!

MissMaryEli

We stayed at POR for our honeymoon in 2002 and loved it. It's very picturesque. We haven't stayed at Caribbean Beach (we'll stay for one night next month). I know that it has a really cool pool. I also understand that it's one of the bigger resorts; very spread out. Some of the buildings can be quick a hike. Both of the PO resorts are smaller and you may walk a little less. Both are probably good choices.

Chernabog75

Have stayed at both and prefer POR. While I don't have any complaints about CBR it just felt less "Disney" than POR. The staff at POR seemed much friendlier and all around. Had trouble finding staff at CBR and they seemed like they were annoyed to be there. Rims to me were a push. POR dis have the boat to Disney Springs.

tpoly88

Hi, all!
Planning a trip in Feb 2017 for hubby and I. We haven't been since we got engaged at MK in 2013, so we're really looking forward to it! I'm stuck between Riverside and Caribbean Beach..we want something relaxing but still close to everything and we really enjoy boat transportation if available. We plan on parking our car and not going back until we check out, but I've heard all resort transportation is great no matter what resort. We will probably spend the majority of our time at the parks, but being February I'm sure we will have some free evening time to enjoy the resort. Any suggestions? This is a "one last couple trip before babies come" vacation so quality of the room/bed is somewhat important :) TIA!!
Riverside hands down

tem325

We've stayed at both recently. I enjoy POR much better. I felt like CBR was really big and I just enjoyed the theming of the POR more. I also felt like I liked the layout and position/timing of bus stops better.

LavaLiz

I think both are great options for one last romantic getaway before babies, it just depends on which setting relaxes you more. That being said, if you enjoy boat transportation, I would recommend POR, especially since there are so many new places to check out at Disney Springs! My hubs and I enjoy grabbing beignets and coffee at French Quarter after coming back from the parks, and I'm a sucker for carriage rides. I don't remember noticing any difference in the quality of beds. Hope this helps! :)

Seanual757

Both are nice CBR was the 1st resort we ever stayed at with that being said I would choose POR over CBR. We love the atmosphere of the resort, boats over to PORFQ and Disney Springs, the dining hall offers a great menu, ect.....

Last edited:

Demeter Tess

Oh Riverside, hands down! The resort has a wonderfully relaxed, romantic feel to it, particularly the Magnolia Bend section. My husband and I have stayed twice and we love the walk down to French Quarter. (We particularly like heading down there for beignets in the morning, then grabbing the French Quarter bus to the parks!) The boat service to Downtown Disney is wonderful, too. (Probably my favourite boat ride on property.)

Weather_Lady

Definitely PORS! You'll have the lounge to enjoy in the evenings (something CBR lacks), and more convenient transportation (boat launch to DS, path/boat to POFQ, fewer internal bus stops when heading to the parks).

DisAl

We have stayed at CBR, POR, and POFQ. We like Port Orleans Riverside for a family, but I like Port Orleans French Quarter for an adult stay. My wife and I stayed a week for our 40th anniversary at POFQ and thought it had a more laid back adult atmosphere. POFQ does not have a full service restaurant but that was not an issue for us.

disney1114

Original Poster
I think both are great options for one last romantic getaway before babies, it just depends on which setting relaxes you more. That being said, if you enjoy boat transportation, I would recommend POR, especially since there are so many new places to check out at Disney Springs! My hubs and I enjoy grabbing beignets and coffee at French Quarter after coming back from the parks, and I'm a sucker for carriage rides. I don't remember noticing any difference in the quality of beds. Hope this helps! :)
We LOVE beignets and coffee - we live 2 hours from new orleans so its one of our favorite day trip activities to go walk around and enjoy beignets! So awesome that we can enjoy them at disney! We also are really excited to see disney springs. Last time we went was May 2015 when we did a universal trip and there was SO much construction, it was hard to even enjoy it, which was sad because I spent so much time there growing up. So we are planning on spending a lot of our free time exploring the new areas.

disney1114

Original Poster
We have stayed at CBR, POR, and POFQ. We like Port Orleans Riverside for a family, but I like Port Orleans French Quarter for an adult stay. My wife and I stayed a week for our 40th anniversary at POFQ and thought it had a more laid back adult atmosphere. POFQ does not have a full service restaurant but that was not an issue for us.
Awesome to know!! I was just going to ask everyone if they preferred FQ or POR. I'm about to book and noticed that FQ is a little cheaper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom