Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs???

AKL2003

Original Poster
Hi all,
Looking for some advice on where to stay for 5 days in early March 2017. My husband and I get down to WDW about once a year and TRY to stay in different resorts on property (we like POR FQ so we have stayed there a few times). We have now narrowed our next trip down to Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs...we have no children and it's just the two of us...we would ideally be using Disney transportation but will have our car with us if that changes anything...thanks!!

Mark P.

Having now stayed at both (CS in August, CBR this past weekend), I'm a slight lean pro-CS, though our next moderate stay will be back to POFQ which is our favorite. Key to us are the greater variety of amenities, including the only fitness center at a moderate property and more unique dining options such as a couple of southwest-inspired breakfast items at Pepper Market. Both resorts are sprawling and having a car is definitely a benefit, though we never found the bus waits to be terribly long.

AKL2003

Original Poster
Thank you both for the advise...both resorts looked fairly large so having longer walks makes sense...and i definitely agree about POFQ...its our favorite too!!

BigRedDad

I have never stay at CBR. However, I have stayed at CS. The bus system at CS is one of the best we have experienced on Disney property. At all other resorts we run into MAJOR problems on most trips. We have only ever had 1 issue at CS and it was not with the buses specifically. It was due to the resort not putting the notification out for the marathon. For rooms, people always like one thing or another. My preference was always to be as close to a bus stop as possible. The reason? If we did not want to take the 10 minute walk to the main building, we just hop on the first bus, and hop off at the main building. I think the farthest walk to the main building is about 10 minutes, maybe a little more if you stop to take in the scenery.

The resort is less Disney themed than most. I think that is due to the number of conventions it has. That causes the main building and bar areas to be more packed at the Happy Hour time than others. No big deal though because the rest of the facilities hardly have anyone at them (buses, pool, pool bar).

PrincessL

I have not stayed at CS but can speak to CBR. We requested a 1st floor close to transportation and loved it. Had no issues with transportation having 7 stops. Did hear complaints from Trinidad South(pirate rooms) about always having to stand on the busses. We were really impressed with the pool- 2 water slides and an enclosed pool area for the littles. The pool and fact that a standard room can sleep 5 and the price is why we chose CBR over CS. Despite mixed reviews that CBR gets on trip advisor we had a great experience and would def go back.

daisyduckie

I love CSR. I strongly dislike CBR. If you have no kids stay at CSR, it does have a bit of a more adult feel to it. Plus the busing is tons better than the busing at CBR.

AKL2003

Original Poster
Looks like it will probably be CS for us :joyfull:. Thanks again for all the advice....much appreciated!!

Goofs Gal

I have stayed at both and have loved both. CS was the resort that my best friend and I stayed at on my last trip to WDW over last Christmas and New Years and it was wonderful. The transportation is very useful and only has 4 spots within the resort and the resort and rooms are beautiful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom