Car rental help!

pixie1115

Original Poster
We are renting a car in disney but staying at the resort, will disney still take our luggage to the hotel for us from the airport even if we are not using their transportation?

Also we got an economy car and have a rather bulky stroller. Will it fit in the trunk? It does NOT fit in the trunk of a cavalier I know for sure. What kind of cars are the economy usually?

Rob562

We are renting a car in disney but staying at the resort, will disney still take our luggage to the hotel for us from the airport even if we are not using their transportation?

Also we got an economy car and have a rather bulky stroller. Will it fit in the trunk? It does NOT fit in the trunk of a cavalier I know for sure. What kind of cars are the economy usually?

Magical Express will not provide luggage service between the airport and hotel without you also using the bus service. If you put the yellow tags on your luggage, they will sit in Disney's processing facility at the airport until your ticket is scanned as you get on the bus. At that point it is then transferred to the hotel. So no bus, no movement of your luggage.

Some people in a similar situation as you have gotten around this by sending *one* adult in their group to the hotel via DME. This fulfills the bus requirement, and when their ticket is scanned, *all* of your luggage will continue on.

As for your question about the car sizes and stroller, I unfortunately don't know the answer. I do know that when I rented a Compact from Alamo in June (one car class above the Economy), I was able to choose a nice 4-door Chevy Cobalt out in the garage.

-Rob

tkldisney

The economy size cars are just about the same as Cavalier. (Cobalt is replacement for Cavalier) So if stroller won't fit in it, I doubt it will fit in economy size car. I agree with other post, have one adult use DME if you want luggage transfer or you'll have to get bigger car.

cloudboy

If a cavalier is too small for your stroller, I would highly think about at least moving up to a mid-size. To be honest, if you do some good hunting, check out the AAA discounts and some of the other special rate codes you can find on the internet, moving up will not cost much at all. In fact during certain times you sometimes find larger cars costs less because of special promotions.

That must be one huge stroller to not fit in a Cavalier! How many kids?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom