Captain Marvel Movie

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
First bit of news for this Nov 2018 movie

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24469/nicole_perlman_meg_lefauve_to_write_marvels_captain_marvel

Nicole Perlman & Meg LeFauve will together write Marvel’s “Captain Marvel,” in theaters November 2, 2018, bringing Carol Danvers to the big screen in her first solo cinematic adventure.

Fans will recognize Perlman as the co-writer of Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy,” last year’s smash hit introducing audiences to Star-Lord and his crew, while LeFauve most recently co-wrote Disney•Pixar’s next original film “Inside Out,” which will premiere at the Cannes Film Festival in May before heading to theaters June 19.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/24469...to_write_marvels_captain_marvel#ixzz3XxDYRvv1

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/09/bryce-dallas-howard-wants-to-be-captain-marvel

Bryce Dallas Howard really wants the role -

bryce-dallas-howard.jpg

"when the potential role of Captain Marvel came up, Howard wasn’t shy about voicing her enthusiasm.

“Oh, my God, will you write that? Will you write that, please?” Howard asked. “Yes, let’s start a campaign now. That would be rad. Those movies are so fantastic, because talk about just these incredibly drawn characters! That’s the joy of the comics, is that you fall in love with these characters and it’s who they are that carries you from journey to journey to journey. … it’s not just about set pieces. It’s really about who these people are, and so, yes, I just would love to be in a Marvel film.”

tribbleorlfl

I've never been a BDH fan. I have always thought her performances to be wooden and uninspired, and frankly, I don't think she can pull off the "tough as nails" demeanor of Carol Danvers.

I will back the Charlize Theron for CM campaign, though.

doctornick

I thought there was a girl Captain Marvel? I know she's not the original.

@Matt_Black is just talking about how Marvel comics basically usurped the name "Captain Marvel" from a Fawcett Comics (now owned by DC) character called Captain Marvel who is otherwise called Shazam.

Also, the female Captain Marvel that is going to be featured in the movie went by Ms. Marvel for a much longer time.

Matt_Black

Marvel has had like 27 different people named Captain Marvel who, for the most part, don't sell comics, all in an effort to stick it to the Distinguished Competition.

doctornick

Marvel has had like 27 different people named Captain Marvel who, for the most part, don't sell comics, all in an effort to stick it to the Distinguished Competition.

Well, with the movie coming out, I think they will finally have a character that will be strongly identified with the Captain Marvel moniker and will actually have some awareness among the general public. Probably will stick now.

Launchpad McQuack

Even with the Bryce Dallas Howard news, I'm sticking with Emily Blunt.

Blunt had to turn down or pull out of two Marvel roles already (Black Widow and Peggy Carter), so I'm ready for her to suit up (especially after seeing Edge of Tomorrow).

Matt_Black

Well, with the movie coming out, I think they will finally have a character that will be strongly identified with the Captain Marvel moniker and will actually have some awareness among the general public. Probably will stick now.

Sadly. The ONLY Captain Marvel is the Big Red Cheese!

Captainmarvel.JPG

StageFrenzy

She's a great fighter and obviously a legit badass, but she is a terrible actress from what I've seen, so I wouldn't want to have to trust her to carry such a huge movie on her own shoulders.
I haven't seen anything she has cameo-ed in, I just saw she was getting all these parts and she has the look.

Magenta Panther

Sadly. The ONLY Captain Marvel is the Big Red Cheese!

Captainmarvel.JPG

THAT version would make a great movie. A little kid with great powers thrust upon him and all that. My dad has some old, old Captain Marvel (not originals, just revivals) comics, with the talking tiger (maybe not put THAT in a movie. On the other hand, Guardians of the Galaxy had the talking raccoon...)

Last edited:

Matt_Black

THAT version would make a great movie. A little kid with great powers thrust upon him and all that. My dad has some old, old Captain Marvel (not originals, just revivals) comics, with the talking tiger and all that (maybe not put THAT in a movie. On the other hand, Guardians of the Galaxy had the talking raccoon...)

Too bad that when DC DOES make it (it's been discussed for years and might actually happen shortly, with the reports that Black Adam will have a small cameo in Batman v. Superman), it will most likely be a drab, joyless affair.

doctornick

THAT version would make a great movie. A little kid with great powers thrust upon him and all that. My dad has some old, old Captain Marvel (not originals, just revivals) comics, with the talking tiger (maybe not put THAT in a movie. On the other hand, Guardians of the Galaxy had the talking raccoon...)

Shazam is slated to be released in April 2019 by Warner Bros.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom