Captain America: The Winter Soldier Blu-Ray

FoozieBear

Original Poster
Did anyone pick up a copy of Captain America: The Winter Soldier on Blu-Ray yet? In my opinion, I think the film is probably one of the most down-to-earth superhero flicks ever, with a brilliant story and incredible acting. The bonus features are a ton of fun too, adding to the excitement

What did you think of this release?

Last edited:

216bruce

It's my favorite Marvel film and the first one I'll buy. I got to watch a decent amount of the location filming in Cleveland and it's great to see so many familiar places in the film, so I'm looking forward to the "making of" stuff on the disc. It was tough driving a detour to work because of the filming for two weeks+ but once I saw the finished film- worth the hassle.

AllyInWonderland

I am absolutely obsessed with this movie, and I'm in love with the Winter Soldier/Bucky. This movie made me like Captain America more because he was pretty dull in the Avengers and he was okay in The First Avenger.

I LOVE the action sequences in the movie. They're so fast and well choreographed, and I love how it just keeps your adrenaline running.

Does anyone else start crying viciously towards the end of the movie, or is it just me? :cautious:

(And I'm also obsessed with the first post credits scene because of Age of Ultron reasons. ;))

FoozieBear

Original Poster
It's my favorite Marvel film and the first one I'll buy. I got to watch a decent amount of the location filming in Cleveland and it's great to see so many familiar places in the film, so I'm looking forward to the "making of" stuff on the disc. It was tough driving a detour to work because of the filming for two weeks+ but once I saw the finished film- worth the hassle.

I know what it feels like. I managed to see some of X-Men: Days of Future Past filming last year and it was incredible. It was amazing seeing the finished product up on screen. Blew my mind.

(And I'm also obsessed with the first post credits scene because of Age of Ultron reasons. ;))

By the looks of it so far, Age of Ultron is going to blow our minds, even more than the last one did. I cannot wait.

stevehousse

Yessir. It's my favorite of the Marvel films thus far. 1st Winter Soldier, then Avengers, then Cap'n The first Avenger, then GoTG (shocker I know).
Exact same for me too! Winter Soldier is hands down the best Marvel movie to date! I just hope 3 can live up to the first two films!

FoozieBear

Original Poster
It's definitely the most intelligent Marvel movie yet. I haven't really made a list of my favorites yet, but I think Guardians is pretty far up there, maybe even possibly higher than The Avengers. I found the story more intriguing and the comedy even more entertaining.

Mickey_777

It's definitely the most intelligent Marvel movie yet. I haven't really made a list of my favorites yet, but I think Guardians is pretty far up there, maybe even possibly higher than The Avengers. I found the story more intriguing and the comedy even more entertaining.

If I were to judge the films based off story and such then the order of my favorites might change but I'm just basing my list off of how much I just plain ol' like them. Nothing scientific about my methods LOL

Mickey_777

Exact same for me too! Winter Soldier is hands down the best Marvel movie to date! I just hope 3 can live up to the first two films!

Well I have no issue admitting I'm a straight up Captain America Fanboy so that's why two of my top 3 are Cap movies. I have no doubt the 3rd will be good. The next Avengers movie should set up the next Cap movie (and other sequels) nicely. No reason not to have faith given how well all the Marvel films have been done so far. The Inc. Hulk movie was the only one that's kind of "meh" to me.

NMBC1993

I bought my copy the day it came out at Target. I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now that Winter Soldier is THE best Marvel film in my opinion and blows both The Avengers and Guardians out of the water! Plus The Winter Soldier is the ONLY VILLAIN in Phase 2 that was fleshed out and wasn't put there to stand around and look menacing. As someone else mentioned this movie tries to be more intelligent than the other films and I appreciate it so much!

The less Joss Whedon banter....the better!!!!

P.S. (Hail Hydra:D)

216bruce

Since the next Avengers pic is likely to be Chris Evans last as Cap, how do you think they'll transition to Falcon or Bucky as Cap? Will they have Steve Rogers die? retire? I know that die-hard comics fans can see this going like the books did it, but in movies I think they'll likely kill him or he disappears. And they can, frankly, do it apart from the books storyline.. That'd sure set up some interesting possibilities for Avengers Ultron...Thoughts?
Or, maybe, they get Evans to have a bit role in a new Cap movie to transition him and start afresh there...

NMBC1993

Since the next Avengers pic is likely to be Chris Evans last as Cap, how do you think they'll transition to Falcon or Bucky as Cap? Will they have Steve Rogers die? retire? I know that die-hard comics fans can see this going like the books did it, but in movies I think they'll likely kill him or he disappears. And they can, frankly, do it apart from the books storyline.. That'd sure set up some interesting possibilities for Avengers Ultron...Thoughts?
Or, maybe, they get Evans to have a bit role in a new Cap movie to transition him and start afresh there...

I think Chris Evans will hold out for one more Capt. film if not a 3rd Avengers as well. I could see them transitioning either Falcon or Bucky into the role as a major plot point in Capt 3. It would just be so weird to have a Captain America trilogy where Chris Evans isn't the one swinging the shield around for a 1/3 of the it. Also, considering there has been no plot revealed so far for AoU (except for the one credits scene in Winter Soldier), it would be really difficult to establish the story of Ultron, Quick Silver, Scarlett Witch, AND work in a new Captain America in a three hour time frame.

Personally I hope Chris Evans sticks around for a little bit longer...he's my favorite actor in the MCU (since they kicked out Ed Norton) and in my opinion I feel he's the one trying the hardest to represent the true nature of his character (again, banter doesn't count as character development in my eyes).

FoozieBear

Original Poster

I wouldn't be surprised if they kill him off and Bucky takes over. The only question is when they're going to do it. If they kill him off in Avengers 2, will people pay money to go see someone else play the Cap? Probably unlikely. I think their best bet would be to write him off in Cap 3, and Bucky will be in place for Avengers 3.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom