Capt EO tweet

Courtman

Original Poster
Hi all

Not sure if you follow @DisneyParks or @DisneylandNews, but this tweet made me chuckle from a name point of view...

RT @DisneylandNews: Disney CEO Bog Iger confirms execs are "looking at" bringing back Captain EO to Disneyland.

Although it says Disneyland, wonder if its a possibility to return to WDW too - maybe as a temporary replacement for HISTA?

DisneyBoi1215

:mad:

Seems like the last thing a company would want to do is further associate with an alleged child molester.

Wow, such a negative view on Disney bringing back a classic attraction in order to pay tribute to one of the world's greatest entertainers. If you don't like it, then don't go to Disneyland/Captain EO. I'm sick of people who just continuously bash Michael for what he is accused of doing instead of recognizing his stance in the music industry. GOOD JOB, Disney, for bringing back EO as an homage to a wonderful entertainer. Please bring it to Epcot!

SleepingMonk

Just a simple statement of facts.

Disney is in fact a public company with shareholders to answer to, and Jackson was in fact an alleged child molester.

Kamikaze

Wow, such a negative view on Disney bringing back a classic attraction in order to pay tribute to one of the world's greatest entertainers. If you don't like it, then don't go to Disneyland/Captain EO. I'm sick of people who just continuously bash Michael for what he is accused of doing instead of recognizing his stance in the music industry. GOOD JOB, Disney, for bringing back EO as an homage to a wonderful entertainer. Please bring it to Epcot!

Its not a 'classic'. It wasn't even GOOD. It was awful.

RSoxNo1

I wasn't a fan of Captain EO, to me this gesture would be a willingness for Disney to wax nostalgic and bring back an extinct attraction.

mastif

I wasn't a fan of Captain EO, to me this gesture would be a willingness for Disney to wax nostalgic and bring back an extinct attraction.

not to mention alot people will see this as "change" or something "new" when infact they haven't changed anything.

Wilt Dasney

Just a simple statement of facts.

Disney is in fact a public company with shareholders to answer to, and Jackson was in fact an alleged child molester.
They might be facts, but what's the relevant connection?

The implication is that Disney would lose more money by bringing back Captain EO than they would gain. That is purely speculative, and IMO severely overrates the vehemence of any lingering public distaste for Jackson's reputation.

EPCOT Explorer

Fantastically said.
Its not a 'classic'. It wasn't even GOOD. It was awful.

Opinion. :wave:

Some of us ( a ton, in fact) liked it.

I'm on the fence about this. It could either be a PR success or a PR nightmare. Disney can't handle another PR nightmare on the heels of Summer Nigh"tragic".

On the other hand, I could see huge lines waiting to see EO one last time.

This would only work if it is in a limited run, which it should be. Tony Baxter's Tomorrowland project should be kicking off with Star Tours 2 in 2010/2011.

EPCOT Explorer

I'm on the fence about this. It could either be a PR success or a PR nightmare. Disney can't handle another PR nightmare on the heels of Summer Nigh"tragic".

On the other hand, I could see huge lines waiting to see EO one last time.

This would only work if it is in a limited run, which it should be. Tony Baxter's Tomorrowland project should be kicking off with Star Tours 2 in 2010/2011.

Right. It might work as a Transitional thing.

castevens

I didn't particularly care for Captain EO, but I was probably too young to really be entertained by it. It was a bit scary for me, and having not been involved in pop culture yet in my live, I couldn't even justify it with that it was just "MJ being MJ"

Jasonflz

Agreed! I don't believe that he was a child molestor anyway.

It's that "sheep" mentality. They believe everything they read at the grocery store counters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom