Cape May Breakfast vs. Garden Grill lunch... best use of time?

Marc Levin

Original Poster
Hi,

Trying to finalize my plans for our very fast approaching WDW stay in 3 weeks time (excitement is now starting to turn into mild panic). Want to do a character meal for "Epcot day".

I was able to get a breakfast ADR at Cape May for 8:05am. I'm just wondering on how realistic it is to eat there, walk over to Epcot, and get through the international gateway entrance around rope drop ? Also if we turn up early, are they likely to give us a table early? Having never done a character breakfast before, I'm not clear if this is a 30 minute / 1 hour / 2 hour sort of place.

Was hoping someone may have some thoughts? I also have an ADR for Garden Grill lunch, so I need to work out which one to cancel. I'm tempted to go with the breakfast as on balance it seems to be the best way to maximize park time.

Epcotfan21

Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely that you'd be at International Gateway by 9am? I doubt it. But there are also other factors in play that you didn't mention like how many people will be in your party? Kids? Cape May isn't the type of place you want to rush. Heck, it probably takes a good hour/hour and a half for all the characters to come around to your table and interact with you.

As far as seating you before your reservation time, it really just depends on how busy they are and how many tables they have available that can seat your party. Again, it's possible, but not necessarily likely.

So if you're dead set on being there for rope drop, cancel Cape May and do Garden Grill lunch.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It's about a 15 minute walk to the International Gateway, then you have security and then turnstiles.
The characters cycle through the seating area in rotation in both places depending on where you're sitting it might take a while for them to get to your area... its usually about an hour. The big difference is that Garden Grill is all in a ring so the characters can get around a whole lot faster not having to dodge people with plates of food... typically in an hour you might see them all about three times.

Cape May Breakfast - Minnie, Goofy, Donald - Beach Attire
Garden Grill Mickey, Pluto, Donald, and Chip & Dale in farmer attire

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
At Garden Grill, we had the characters come to our table more then once in less then an hour. Partially because we had an 8:05 reservation so we were one of the first seated and due to how the restaurant is laid out. For Cape May, it takes a good hour plus to see all the characters. We have had several breakfast meals here at various times and we have never been out of there in less then an hour. They take longer to come around in most instances due to the layout of the restaurant. However, it is one of our most fun meet and greets. Minnie danced with us and Goofy sat with us. It was a great time! There are also more food options at Cape May.

At the International Gateway, they make you wait to get in until the park officially opens and nothing special is done for park opening. It is convenient and lovely and so nice to enter into the countries but nothing special is done. Have a magical trip!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom