Can't decide whether to change. Help!

JChoma

Original Poster
We have a 6-night stay booked from Nov 26-Dec 3 (7 nights) at CSR. Kids are 6 & 10. We're excited about the great pool there and hopeful we can stay in a refurbished room, which is why we chose it.

I'm debating changing to CBR for the first few nights (maybe Sunday-Wednesday)
and splitting our stay, to take advantage of the gift card offer. $75/ night is pretty compelling.
We don't plan to spend a ton of time at the resort, so as long as the main pool is open (which it will be) the cost savings would be enough incentive to deal with construction noise/ limited dining options.

My fear is that I'll change our reservation, and then the free dining promo will come out, and CBR won't be eligible. I don't even know if our travel dates would be included in free dining so this is a big "if". And even if free dining DOES get offered, a few hundred dollars in WDW gift cards would be put towards dining anyways, and the resort savings might a better deal for us. Especially if additional room discounts become available.

I would love, love, love to stay at Wilderness Lodge a few nights especially during Christmas, so staying at CBR then moving there the last 2-3 nights of our trip might make that do-able. But a stay there would definitely offset any savings from the gift cards (and this whole trip would be more than if we stay at CSR the whole week as orig. planned)

Here are the options I'm deciding between. I would love your input! I'm making my husband crazy with my indecisiveness!

1. CBR Sun-Thursday a.m. Thurs, Fri & Sat night at WL (this would add $600 to our trip at least which would hurt, but we only do Disney every 18 mos-ish and I'm tempted!)
2. CBR Sun-Thursday a.m. Thurs, Fri & Sat night at CSR. (About $1,400 for hotel stay- + $300 gift card. By far most economical option, still keeps us in a moderate and I think our trip would still be wonderful)

What would you do in my shoes?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Since you don't plan on staying in the hotel much, I would go for the most economical option and maybe pencil in some time to visit WL to check out their decorations and have a meal there.

JChoma

Original Poster
I decided to change to CBR the first 4 nights of our trip and stay at CSR the last 3. Too hard to pass that deal up. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom