Canada Restaurant

mpoppins217

My family will be eating here for the first time during our trip in Feb (the weekend of the 15th) and I am very excited!

To comment on reservations I would have to say book as far out as possible just to be on the safe side. However, my family just booked the beginning of this month (with barely a month to go before our trip) and had no problem getting a reservation for prime lunch time (12:00), and this is supposed to be a peak season weekend. Cinderella's, however, was a different story so if you're thinking of eating there as well definitely book early!

sknydave

We did not like it at all. :lookaroun We are from Canada and it taste nothing like what we have out this way. :shrug: We were very disappointed with the food, and the service was nothing I would brag about either. I really don't see all the hype about it. This is just my opinion and I am curious if anyone shares the same views on it. :shrug: I was quite excited to go to this restaurant but I don't intend to dine there again anytime in the near future. :wave:

You traveled to another country in search of the same food you eat at home?

farmgirl

You traveled to another country in search of the same food you eat at home?
Ummmmmm..no....I travelled to another Country to see Mickey Mouse. I went to Dine at Le Cellier because everytime I turn around someone is saying how good it is. I was just saying the food there ain't like nothing we prepare in Canadian restaurants here and I did not think it ws very good. . Just an opinion. The OP asked a question and I gave my opinion. I wasn't going to say I liked it just because everyone else said they did ...that would not be very helpful to the OP...just an honest opinion. I also mentioned that it was only my opinion and wondered if anyone shared it . I am thinking ..however I maybe wrong....that by your post you are not one of those that agree...thats great for all those that love it I am glad. Have a good day!

cmothemoose

My DW and I ate at Le Cellier on a whim for lunch one day on our trip last year. No problems getting in for lunch and had a great meal at what I believe were cheaper than dinner prices. We ended up enjoying it so much we visited again later on during the trip. We have been to just about every restaurant on Disney property and were very pleased with the atmosphere and food. Loved the pre-meal bread too. (the pretzel bread was my wife's favorite) Menu is creative I think which is nice. Since Le Cellier is in the park it is a nice get away for lunch. You can recharge your batteries and go all night! I actually think I prefer the sit down lunch and lighter dinner now that I have experienced it.

Enjoy.

David

We've got some friends who tried it this past weekend and just raved about how good it was. Other friends have said the same thing in the past, so I called and got an ADR for June 1 to see for ourselves. 122 days till we are in the parks:sohappy::sohappy:, 125 days till Le Cellier.:sohappy:

WildcatDen

We had ADR's Thanksgiving week and booked them about 170 days out. To be honest the steak was okay. I had three cuts of beef that week. The best, by far, was the Hollywood Brown Derby. The second, believe it or not was at Shutter's at CBR. The last was LeCellier. Now, don't get me wrong, they were all better than my local Applebee's but for the price, I was expecting better. The only one that really lived up to our expectations was the Brown Derby.

:shrug:

sknydave

Ummmmmm..no....I travelled to another Country to see Mickey Mouse. I went to Dine at Le Cellier because everytime I turn around someone is saying how good it is. I was just saying the food there ain't like nothing we prepare in Canadian restaurants here and I did not think it ws very good. . Just an opinion. The OP asked a question and I gave my opinion. I wasn't going to say I liked it just because everyone else said they did ...that would not be very helpful to the OP...just an honest opinion. I also mentioned that it was only my opinion and wondered if anyone shared it . I am thinking ..however I maybe wrong....that by your post you are not one of those that agree...thats great for all those that love it I am glad. Have a good day!

My post had nothing to do with liking that restaurant. I've never even been. I have no idea what you were reading.

farmgirl

My post had nothing to do with liking that restaurant. I've never even been. I have no idea what you were reading.
Just was answering your question about going to another Country in serch of the same food we have at home....as I stated before I said I may be wrong about if you liked or disliked the restaurant. I thought that may be the case since I found the question asked to me that involed my quote was an odd one. But perhaps I misunderstood again. No where did I say anything about traveling to another Country looking for food we had at home neither. Just said it was not the same since it is suppose to be Canadian food. Guess I will keep my opinions to myself from now on. Was just trying to be helpful. Everybody have a great day happy vacation planning! :wave:

BlackPearl

Lecellier is excellent. They have great cheese soup and their steaks are to die for. U will be so full ull have to losen ur belt lol.

k.hunter30

Lecellier is excellent. They have great cheese soup and their steaks are to die for. U will be so full ull have to losen ur belt lol.
Hoestly, I wasn't too thrilled with the cheese soup...:shrug: LOVED the restaurant as a whole and haven't had a better steak since, but the cheese soup... eh... Though dipping the pretzel bread in it was rather tasty!

BlackPearl

Hoestly, I wasn't too thrilled with the cheese soup...:shrug: LOVED the restaurant as a whole and haven't had a better steak since, but the cheese soup... eh... Though dipping the pretzel bread in it was rather tasty!

ya, the soup can be strong to some people but I liked it.

DonaldD1987

This is one of my favorite rest. by far. Reserve it really quickly because it will fill up. When you go get the Cheddar Cheese Soup. It is to die for.

WDWRLD

This was deffinately a good meal. But unlike others have said I had no problem getting ADR as long as I wanted to eat lunch at 3pm or either dinner at 4pm......really I have tried the last two trips for a ADR at a decent time with no luck............Plan ahead and call early.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
We did not like it at all. :lookaroun We are from Canada and it taste nothing like what we have out this way. :shrug: We were very disappointed with the food, and the service was nothing I would brag about either. I really don't see all the hype about it. This is just my opinion and I am curious if anyone shares the same views on it. :shrug: I was quite excited to go to this restaurant but I don't intend to dine there again anytime in the near future. :wave:
I'm also from Canada and regularly eat in restaurants that have similar, though certainly not identical fare. I was and continue to be very impressed by the food and its presentation at Le Cellier. I've always had exemplary service at Le Cellier, perhaps you caught a server on a bad day, but I get treated like visiting royalty every time. My only negative is the cheesy "Province Factoid" they share, it's often presented by a Canadian who obviously never actually learned the fact they're presenting while they were in school.

Maybe my unbridled patriotism has me blinded... :shrug:

:lol:

brucie

This is our favorite place to eat in Disney, by far the best of the best, it's the only place we will always book on each Disney Trip. We had no Reservations once but we got in on a cancelled reservation day of, best to check early just in case!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom