Canada Pavilion - Klondike River Excursions

Corey

Whether it is in Frontierland or some other land. The water brought down to L.A. was by William Mulholland, around the turn of the century, so any depiction from that time should be in the public domain.

Second_Los_Angeles_Aqueduct_Cascades%2C_Sylmar.jpg

You can pretty much ignore this post. I'm not sure what I was referencing. Getting back to your Klondike River Excursion, would there be controlled drops somewhere in between Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean? Also, if it is a flume ride, would the riders get wet like Splash Mountain or would you try to avoid that?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
You can pretty much ignore this post. I'm not sure what I was referencing. Getting back to your Klondike River Excursion, would there be controlled drops somewhere in between Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean? Also, if it is a flume ride, would the riders get wet like Splash Mountain or would you try to avoid that?
It's similar to Pirates -- there's 2 small, controlled drops so guests won't get too wet (unless they are sitting on the ends, they may get sprayed a bit after the descent)

nelsonj3

Canada - World Showcase
1280px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png

(Background Music thanks to @nelsonj3 of ResortTV1 on YouTube!:))
CPAD758969.jpg

The Canada Pavilion is one of my favorite World Showcase Pavilions (up there with Japan, Germany, and the UK -- and well mostly all of them:p) but for some reason we always seem to skip it.

It could be for a variety of reasons (one being that there are several members of the family that can't do circle-vision 360 screens) and more importantly, it might be because there is no major attraction to draw us in typically coming from the International Gateway and heading towards Future World after catching a British Revolution show.

It's the pavilion that looks nice from the outside, has great music, but not much for an average guest to explore. Until now!

I've wanted to flesh out this idea for some time, and it might be more of an obvious addition (and others like @Bill Cipher have discussed it in their blogs before) - a river raft excursion through the Canadian Wilderness would be an awesome fit for this location!

Called the...

Klondike River Excursions

Either taking place of the Festival Pavilion next door, or re-routing some of the backstage areas behind the Canada Pavilion - a river raft ride would be a D-Ticket escape and finally provide an attraction on the west side of World Showcase.

This journey would be in-between Maelstrom and Pirates in terms of length and intensity, with two drops as well as lush forestation around your raft as you travel down the Klondike River and a narrator discusses the history of Canada and its wildlife and habitats. You see elk, moose, caribou, and another native animals on your journey. Guests also ride past the icy glaciers of the norther Canadian border, even hinting at some of the environmental effects to northern Canada, as well as bird migration patterns in the winter.

While the rest of the Canadian Pavilion can explore the culture and heritage of the eclectic Canadian people - the ride can showcase the wilderness nature and historical fur trappers of the past, illustrating the beauty of the nation as a whole!

Early Concept Art
5560818286772342961%253Faccount_id%253D9

Some RCT3 images of the potential attraction coming in the post below!:)

I really like this concept and all of the concept art you've created. It would be epic if they would build something like this!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom