Can you use your phone for park entrance?

eliza61nyc

Short question today. There are a few youngins coming on this next trip. Do they need magicbands or can the use the lifeline aka phone šŸ˜‰

jannerUK

Last question: So my current set up is that I have the "Family & Friends" all set up. So can extrapolate easily when we arrive. Go to CS to get six cards put on for us. So I am able prior to this at 7AM on my first day book a whole slot for all six (for GotG/Tron) of us prior to getting the cards. Or will that only work once I have the cards? (Sorry for a follow up question)

Upvote 0

lazyboy97o

Last question: So my current set up is that I have the "Family & Friends" all set up. So can extrapolate easily when we arrive. Go to CS to get six cards put on for us. So I am able prior to this at 7AM on my first day book a whole slot for all six (for GotG/Tron) of us prior to getting the cards. Or will that only work once I have the cards? (Sorry for a follow up question)
You donā€™t need cards to book virtual queues.

You can also get cards at Disney Springs or maybe your hotel (been awhile since Iā€™ve checked on this) so you donā€™t have have to lose time waiting at a ticket window in the morning.

You can also still use your phone and other members of your party can also use their phone if they have the app installed. You could also put all of the tickets on your phone, itā€™s just not as smooth of a process and there can be more issues with the right ticket being read.

Upvote 0

5thGenTexan

You are also going to need to keep track of which finger each kid used the first time. Gotta use the same finger each time entering a park. Failure to do this will also cause everything to come to a halt.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

The card (or the MagicBand) doesn't actually store your tickets.

Each person's profile stores that person's ticket. All the band or ticket does is tell the turnstile "@jannerUK is here," at which point the reader pulls up your profile and if your profile has admission entitlements, you can book or reserve whatever you want, regardless of what physical cards or bands you have or don't have.

You could buy 20 different MagicBands, just for yourself, link them all to your account, and they'll ALL work interchangeably. Because the tickets aren't on the band, they're on the profile. So anything that "points" to your profile will work.

Upvote 0

jannerUK

So as long as I have everyone on my friends and families list (ie. Created a profile) I already set to go. I've done the main part as if it were.
Excellent. Thank you so much.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I have one phone and have all six tickets for my party on there
That will work just fine!

Sounds like this is your first trip? In which case, everyone in your group is going to need some help from the CM with the fingerprints (I have problems each time I use a new ticket with registering the fingerprint). So the reality is that if you all spread out, as @CaptainAmerica mentioned, itā€™ll mean more lines being ā€œheld upā€.

Even if you decide to get the plastic cards for your tickets, which are a nice souvenir to keep, Iā€™d still just stick together in the line. Other people can go round you (there are two touch points per line). It happens all the time so donā€™t worry about it.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Sounds like this is your first trip? In which case, everyone in your group is going to need some help from the CM with the fingerprints (I have problems each time I use a new ticket with registering the fingerprint). So the reality is that if you all spread out, as @CaptainAmerica mentioned, itā€™ll mean more lines being ā€œheld upā€.
Disney doesn't store your fingerprints for any more than 14 days. Everyone is registering their fingerprints for the first time each trip, regardless of whether it's your first trip or not.

So how do we initially sort out fingerprints?
There's nothing special to do. It's the same on your first day as any other day.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Disney doesn't store your fingerprints for any more than 14 days. Everyone is registering their fingerprints for the first time each trip, regardless of whether it's your first trip or not.

There's nothing special to do. It's the same on your first day as any other day.
Yes, but a first time visitor usually has no idea what to do and needs a CM to assist. And kids tend to need a parent to help too, depending on age.

(Oh yes, the fingerprints are stored for more than 14 days. Our 14 day tickets are valid for 18 days, and the 21 day tickets used to be valid for ā€¦ 21 days. Pretty sure the fingerprints are stored for as long as the validity period of the tickets at least).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom