Can you use your phone for park entrance?

eliza61nyc

Short question today. There are a few youngins coming on this next trip. Do they need magicbands or can the use the lifeline aka phone 😉

DiSnEyF@n

Yep! I use my phone and have my tickets (me and my kids) in the wallet of my phone. So much easier (with the kids) to access the park. Now I don’t have to worry about forgetting the bands.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

So much easier (with the kids) to access the park. Now I don’t have to worry about forgetting the bands.
It might be easier for you (I disagree, but setting that aside), but it screws up the flow of the turnstiles, both at the front gate and at the lightning lane entrances.

Everything flows *much* more smoothly if everyone has their own admission media, regardless of what it is. Phone, band, or plastic ticket all work fine. But one person trying to click in for their entire family from a single device is very annoying to the cast members and the people in line behind you.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

It might be easier for you (I disagree, but setting that aside), but it screws up the flow of the turnstiles, both at the front gate and at the lightning lane entrances.

Everything flows *much* more smoothly if everyone has their own admission media, regardless of what it is. Phone, band, or plastic ticket all work fine. But one person trying to click in for their entire family from a single device is very annoying to the cast members and the people in line behind you.
I appreciate your opinion. With small kids, the phone is way easier than each person trying to do it themselves. I can definitely see the bands being more efficient with older kids and grownups (If no one forgets theirs 😬)

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

I appreciate your opinion. With small kids, the phone is way easier than each person trying to do it themselves. I can definitely see the bands being more efficient with older kids and grownups (If no one forgets theirs 😬)
Thanks for being a good sport, I realized after I hit send that my tone may have come off a little harsh.

Upvote 0

jannerUK

So, I have added my tickets to my phone and it appears as a barcode ticket under "Tickets and Passes" - Would that be what you are referring to CaptainAmerica that messes up the Turnstiles?
Kind Regards
Would it be better to buy one magicband and then link them all to the same one?

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

So, I have added my tickets to my phone and it appears as a barcode ticket under "Tickets and Passes" - Would that be what you are referring to CaptainAmerica that messes up the Turnstiles?
Kind Regards
You personally have multiple tickets that are yours, or you're managing tickets for multiple people?

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

I have one phone and have all six tickets for my party on there
I think it would be easiest if you have one piece of "media" for each person. "Media" can be your phone, a MagicBand, or a plastic ticket. You don't need to buy a MagicBand if you prefer a ticket, they'll give you one for free. The problem with running all six people through one phone is that you have to tap 6 times.

1. Tap for person 1.
2. Fingerprint for person 1.
3. Go back to your phone to select the next person's ticket.

Repeat 6 times, while the other members of your travel party stumble over you because you're tapping your phone while they have to position themselves on the fingerprint scanner.

When everybody has their own plastic card or MagicBand, you can do all of this simultaneously. Once you tap in for yourself, you get out of the way and the next person taps in. And there are multiple touchpoints positioned next to each other so you could have four people all tapping in at the same time.

1689795618130.png

If you're trying to use your phone for everyone in your group, you're going to be cramming all six people around one of these touch points. If everyone has their own ticket or band, you can spread out and use 2, 4, or 6 different ones at the same time.

And to answer your previous question, no you can't just buy one MagicBand. It doesn't work that way. Each MagicBand is linked to an individual. You can't load up multiple people's tickets onto a single band. But even if you could, you wouldn't want to. It would be the same hassle as trying to do everything off of a single phone.

Upvote 0

lazyboy97o

Kind Regards
The turnstiles do not have barcode scanners. They use NFC (think contactless with credit cards). You need to set them up to be in your phone’s wallet app, not just within the Disney World app, which you do under Disney MagicMobile in the app.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

How does one go about getting six tickets then on actual plastic? Do we have to go to customer services once we get over to Orlando?
Yes, any of the ticket booths at the park entrances will be able to help you. Just get there a little bit early.

To expedite everything, make sure every adult in your group has an account on My Disney Experience and that you're all linked to one another as Friends & Family.

Upvote 0

jannerUK

Everyone has an account on My Disney Experience - I have added them to all my party on the app I use. I take it is that what you mean? They all show in my party with me as leader?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom