Can we get into these Table service restaurants?

Princess Kaylee

Original Poster
We are having a family reunion trip in early June with the extended relatives. They are not able give us the money to book until February which does not give us a lot of time to book table service meals. We have 12-15 people in our party. Please let me know if any of these are likely to happen:
Akershus- Breakfast
1900 Park Fare- Dinner (not too late)
Chef Mickey's (Dinner)
Crystal Palace (Dinner)
Hoop De Doo
Hollywood and Vine Dinner
Tusker House Breakfast

Thanks!

sissa216

You also don't need to have your resort booked to make dining reservations. Figure out your plan ahead of time, and book each restaurant as soon as you hit the 180 day point for that day. It's less efficient than being able to book it all at once wth your resort stay, but better than waiting a few months.

Of those on your list, Hoop Dee Doo requires ether full payment, or a dining plan. So you might have to either pay up front for that, or take the risk of waiting (if you plan to use a dining plan to pay for it)

Last edited:

sissa216

If you're ready to go 180 days out, you'll very likely get what you want. I routinely make reservations for groups your size and I don't think it will be an issue at all.

Also call dining ahead of time and find out which restaurants can book that many on the regular dining line, and which have to go through groups. Each restaurant has a different threshold. It might be 8+, it might be 20+. For some of your choices, you'll be able to make them with the regular dining line (or online)

carriebeth

My husband and I and are children make a group of 10 so on our experience booking for a larger party I would say

Askerhaus...probably won't be available for breakfast seems other meals are available more often but not guaranteed to have anything

1900 Park fare...We got in last year beyond 180 days but there was only one time available and it was late..like 8:30

Chef Mickeys I would say only possible a really late time slot would be availalbe...like 9:30 pm
Hollywood and Vine...Dinner might not be available but if you could switch to either a breakfast or odd lunch time those are available often at later dates

Tusker probably not

Hoop de doo not sure as I never really considered doing a 2 credit meal until just recently so not sure how fast they book out

Now if you are diligent and check constantly you might possibly hit someone else's cancelation and be able to grab up one of those but I wouldn't count on many being available.

AndrewsJ

We are having a family reunion trip in early June with the extended relatives. They are not able give us the money to book until February which does not give us a lot of time to book table service meals. We have 12-15 people in our party. Please let me know if any of these are likely to happen:
Akershus- Breakfast
1900 Park Fare- Dinner (not too late)
Chef Mickey's (Dinner)
Crystal Palace (Dinner)
Hoop De Doo
Hollywood and Vine Dinner
Tusker House Breakfast

Thanks!
As others have said, you do not have to have your resort reservation to make dining reservations at 180 days out. You will have to make them one day at a time but at least you aren't waiting until closer to your trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom