Can we extend a day?

kellydisney

Original Poster
We are renting points for our honeymoon in September and found a better flight leaving one day after our trip is scheduled. Can you extend a day? I thought it was like most timeshare where it has to be Friday, Sat or Sunday - the following matching day? I'm not sure if this makes sense. Right now we are staying Sunday - Sunday. I wanted to see if we could stay Sunday - Monday. TIA!

wild01ride

You can stay however many days you can afford, whether it be using points or cash. If you are a DVC member, you can reserve rooms at a discounted rate.
Seeing as you mentioned that you are renting, you have a couple options:
1) Will you be purchasing annual passes? Because depending on the time of year, you may have the opportunity to reserve a room at a discounted rate.
2) You can reserve a room yourself just as you would if you were booking a whole week, except you will only be reserving one night.
3) and probably the best/safest bet: You can have the member whom you are renting points from reserve a "Cash Room" for you. This means that you will get the discounted DVC member room rate AND you can stay in the same room as you will be staying for your point stay.
We did this in Dec. for our own room - we didn't have enough points for our stay, so we paid cash for Fri. and Sat. nights and used points for the days before and after.
The best benefit is that you don't have to check in and check out of your room or into another.

Have fun and congratulations!:wave:

kellydisney

Original Poster
Thank you, I contacted the member we are renting from and he got us on the wait list for that night. We'll see if we can even get it! Thanks again :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom