can they do this?

boldlyreal

Original Poster
Ok so I was looking at the magically manipulated photo of the day thread and one of the ads at the bottom of the page caught my eye. A vacation home for $850 a week any time of the year. I'm digressing so here goes: I clicked on the terms and conditions page.http://www.indianridgevilla.com/terms.htmand # 7 caught my eye. I am by no means a lawyer and I firmly believe in owners having the right to refuse service, however this just seems ify. :lookaroun So I ask two things 1. Can they do this? and 2. Why do they care? As long as the renters behave? I am not foolish enough to think they are trying to keep a pack of frat boys or a girls only trip out of their villa. Just wondering what others think.

T~

tigsmom

Ok so I was looking at the magically manipulated photo of the day thread and one of the ads at the bottom of the page caught my eye. A vacation home for $850 a week any time of the year. I'm digressing so here goes: I clicked on the terms and conditions page.http://www.indianridgevilla.com/terms.htmand # 7 caught my eye. I am by no means a lawyer and I firmly believe in owners having the right to refuse service, however this just seems ify. :lookaroun So I ask two things 1. Can they do this? and 2. Why do they care? As long as the renters behave? I am not foolish enough to think they are trying to keep a pack of frat boys or a girls only trip out of their villa. Just wondering what others think.

T~

It is a private home, they can do what they want.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Quite simply - yes they can. They can say who does and doesn't use their home.

A party of all males or all females are much more likely to cause damage to a property than say two couples or a family

Nemo14

If it is an issue with you, just book with someone else - there are literally thousands of rental villas in the Kissimmee area.

boldlyreal

Original Poster
oh I'm not staying in a villa but on property...it just caught my eye is all, and to the other poster I went on a all female trip last Sept with my mother and DN 14 and DD 11, and trust me we didn't damage anything. I however doubt we were the target of their #7 rule.:shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think they are referring to umm....Gay couples.

I don't really believe that they are. I think they are just trying to prevent fraternity type parties from occurring.

several straight males = party
several gay males = redecorate

PoutyFace

I don't really believe that they are. I think they are just trying to prevent fraternity type parties from occurring.

several straight males = party
several gay males = redecorate

That's just offensive. We don't redecorate. We pick the concept and have someone redecorate for us

;-)

WickedQueen22

I thought it was funny... and mildly rooted in truth. Statistically same gender couples have higher incomes. Thus you can pay someone to do it for you... lol :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom