Can I wear a Minnie Mouse costume at WDW?

WDW97

On my trip a few months ago in December I wore my "Talented but Lazy" and "Skilled in every position" Nike shirts. If you have a dirty mind, both phrases can be dirty but they can both be innocent too. I got as many people that told me they loved my talented but lazy shirt as I do when I wear something Saints or LSU.
Well in your case I think that your shirts are ok, but when a shirt comes right out and says things like: Every D**** Night, F*** Your self, F*** Gravity, Move your a**, that bothers me. When I'm in a very family oriented place, I don't want to be worried about a 5 year old reading something and going around repeating it, like most children do. There comes a point when people can have their own rights and opinions and when someone may need to be asked to change their clothes.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Geez. My whole wardrobe is flawed. Guess I'll have to start buying the salty Nike shirts you linked to. True Story - I went to a small Presbyterian college (Now called Lyon College was called Arkansas college when I attended, but someone decided Arkansas didn't imply educational excellence). Anyhoo, my buddy from Texas had a shirt that said EFF YOU I'M from TEXAS (except it wasn't eff if you get my drift) in Giant black block letters on a white background and was confused why he was asked not to walk around campus wearing it.
So he jogged everywhere he went?

draybook

Call me boring if you want but being an adult I have never had the urge to walk around WDW dressed as any Disney charcters;)

You sir are Boring ;)

And you're also vacationing at the wrong place. Disney World is the one place where it's okay for adults to dress up as a princess, or a mouse, or an Arabian prince, or a dwarf. I would dress up for the Halloween parties if it wasn't so darn hot when we go.

draybook

Also, I too was upset when I saw a few people wearing the Nike shirts that have "every damn day" printed on them. I was very disappointed that security actually let these people through.

RunnerFool

Well in your case I think that your shirts are ok, but when a shirt comes right out and says things like: Every D**** Night, F*** Your self, F*** Gravity, Move your a**, that bothers me. When I'm in a very family oriented place, I don't want to be worried about a 5 year old reading something and going around repeating it, like most children do. There comes a point when people can have their own rights and opinions and when someone may need to be asked to change their clothes.
I was surprised that at the Princess Half Marathon expo they had a few Nike shirts that had the word "a^^" in it. I don't remember the exact wording, but they were being sold on Disney property!

DizneyPryncess

This thread made me think of a family I saw last November in Disney. A mom & her 3 little girls were all dressed in matching red dresses w/white polka dots. They went all out & put tulle under them to make them puffy. I remember thinking it was an elaborate ensemble - but it was cute. I was glad they didn't make Dad match them. They didn't appear to be being given any issues for the dresses, I can't imagine anyone would unless you could be mistaken for a character.

PhotoDave219

Back in 2004, turnstyles got a memo on the "" shirts & not to admit them.

Long story short, most cast members will avoid conflict like the plague as they risk getting themselves in trouble if they stop guests about their attire.

luv

I may be a vulgar, brash, loud, abrasive individual but you'll have to trust me when I say "that goes too far" :D
Yes, well, next time I will.

I actually wanted to get in the pool after that so that I could busy myself with swimming and forget the knowledge. It's just too damn cold to swim tonight.

PhotoDave219

Yes, well, next time I will.

I actually wanted to get in the pool after that so that I could busy myself with swimming and forget the knowledge. It's just too damn cold to swim tonight.

Somewhere, i have a photo of people dressed that way in the MK. Its.... well, I texted it to a few Guest relations friends. They were horrified.

dreamfinder

Fairly certain that after the uproar over "Tinkerbell" and her boyfriend, they have unofficially changed policy. I know that CMs in DLR have reported pointing out guests to their managers, who told them to let them be. And I know that my last trip in January we saw an full grown woman wearing some sparkly princess/fairy type costume with a crown and wand just walking around the park. So long as you don't stop for pictures or sign autographs.

Beyond that, WDW themselves are selling a Minnie "inspired" dress in the parks. Not full on Minnie, but you can see a partial picture here -> http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...sney-marketplace-at-walt-disney-world-resort/ (Its the very first image) And you can see someone wearing a similar dress here -> http://disneyparksphotoproject.tumblr.com/post/37032136108/minniestyle-disneyland (Official Disney Parks tumblr whether they proclaim it or not...) Fur characters aren't nearly as much of an issue as face characters would be. Someone wearing a Minnie Mouse costume isn't likely to be confused with Minnie unless they also had on a custom head piece.

openendedsky

They should NOT let you in.

However.... I have seen people dressed as "Furries" or "Plushies" (DONT GOOGLE THAT) in the MK. And I did get a photo, its on twitter somewhere.....
Furries often get a bad rap for being a sexual culture/thing when most of the time it's not, but I can't imagine them letting people in with full fur costumes like that.

PhotoDave219

Furries often get a bad rap for being a sexual culture/thing when most of the time it's not, but I can't imagine them letting people in with full fur costumes like that.

I cant post attachments, else I'd post the photo. I've seen it.

I'm not linking everyone to my facebook.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom