Can i officially be considered crazy now??!

EaglesfanNJ

So, the countdown is in full effect, we leave Sept 27th, 19 days away!! How early is to early to start bringing down the luggage, and making 'vacation piles' if you will? We went out yesterday and bought one new piece of luggage. I could not help myself, i brought down the other pieces and we're still 19 days out! Now i have luggage, bags with travel size items, some new clothes, etc (yes, i will be bringing down some Eagles and Phillies garb so i will be representing, feel free to boo if you see me:)) all laid out and ready to be packed. So i ask again, am i crazy?? Thanks to these boards i've caught the Disney-itis pretty bad, and i'm trying to get my fix however i can. My packet has not arrived yet, so there's not much else for me to do besides get a costume for the Oct 2nd MNSSHP.

So how early is too early to break out the luggage and start that vacation pile??

Tiggerfanatic

Heck, no. I've had a laundry basket in the spare bedroom for a couple weeks now that I put clothes, toiletries and any thing else that I think of, and I'm not going until December. I'd rather have a pile of too much, then sort thru it when I go to pack, than take a chance on waiting until the last minute and forgetting something! Besides, when I see that basket full of Disney, it just makes me smile!!

Oh, and that pile includes my Steeler jerseys!!

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

I got the luggage down 14 days before my last trip. My son and I were packed 7 days before the trip. My DW thought we were crazy however the day before we left we got to watch her run aound to stores trying to find some shorts that "she could pick up anytime." it's great to say I told you so.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

First we make a list of everything we need to pack. Then I go over that list and see what we can buy when we get there. We're renting a car, so we were already planning on going to Wal-Mart to buy water, snacks, etc. So now I just add hairspray, conditioner, diapers and whatever else we'll need. This way we don't have to worry about stuff spilling out like it has in the past. Plus since we'll be away from home for about 3 weeks, I can just throw the bottles away before we fly home. Makes our bags weigh less too! Then I'll look over my list and see what's left. I'll pack stuff like our watershoes and things that I won't be needing now until our trip. As I think of stuff I'll need, I write it on the list. I start all this about 2 weeks prior. This gives me enough time to think of things we'll need so we won't forget important things we like to take. And hopefully doing all this without overpacking. :hammer:

So, no, I don't think you're crazy. Smart actually!:animwink:

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

I have had my "Disney pile" going for about 6 weeks now. Started with my new Disney T-shirts, then moved on to toiletries and other personal items. I spent most of last weekend updating the iPod and creating a new play list for the trip. I will be getting the suitcases out this upcoming weekend. So, back to your original question - no, you're not crazy. :)

Upvote 0

Atomicmickey

I'm going second week of October and I'm doing stuff.
We haven't told the kids yet, so I can't haul out the luggage, lol.

I'm going to buy, and break in, some new walking shoes, new socks, have to get MNSSHP costumes figured out, get all my WORK in order so no one will bother me while I'm in the world, lol.

So, yeah, lots to do. You're not crazy at all!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Call me if you must but

As soon as I unpacked from my trip from last Thanksgiving 08' - I started my new pile!!! LOL :ROFLOL:

There are certain things that return yearly...so this year when me and my daughter go for the whole week of Thanksgiving...I don't have to hunt. I already have the mandatories like autograph books and pens, lanyards, napsacks, ponchos, pins, etc etc etc already ready to roll along with bathing suits and such.

This just leaves the actual clothes we are wearing and that's it and hey...that's easy...jeans, short and shirts! Everything else is ready and raring to go....:xmas::wave:

Hang on Mickey! I'm coming! (POP 11/21/09 to 11/28/09)
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

luvlifeinfl

I usually start at least a month before I go. I get my list together, then we have storage containers that get stacked in the dining room that we start with the non perisable items, you know snack stuff, breakfast bars.

Then I usually have the suit cases out at least 2 weeks before we go ( they have to air out).

So no your not crazy.

Upvote 0

luvlifeinfl

As soon as I unpacked from my trip from last Thanksgiving 08' - I started my new pile!!! LOL :ROFLOL:

There are certain things that return yearly...so this year when me and my daughter go for the whole week of Thanksgiving...I don't have to hunt. I already have the mandatories like autograph books and pens, lanyards, napsacks, ponchos, pins, etc etc etc already ready to roll along with bathing suits and such.

This just leaves the actual clothes we are wearing and that's it and hey...that's easy...jeans, short and shirts! Everything else is ready and raring to go....:xmas::wave:

Hang on Mickey! I'm coming! (POP 11/21/09 to 11/28/09):sohappy:

We will be celebrating right there with you.

SSR-11/21-11/30.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Its never to early. Believe me, we aren't heading back down to the world until the middle of February and already we are trying to figure out what to bring and all. I think this place just feeds on it....And it helps...

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

For being an Eagles fan....yes. LOL :ROFLOL:

For packing this early....No!!! Never to early. I leave in December and already have a "list" started. The more I think about it the more it makes me excited and smile about going.

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

I also leave next Thursday, and yet to bring the suitcase out, usually I am so detailed and organized, however this year alot going on. So we are going to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary there, can't wait to go!

Upvote 0

reptar77

We never really unpack except to do laundry. After clothes are clean they go right back in Disney basket with other Disney supplies. That way we are ready whenever we want to go for the weekend.

We are lucky, we are only 2 hours away.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I always pack the day/night before too. I do always seem to forget something (toothbrush, contact lens solution) but it's never really an issue.

Actually when I went to Arizona a couple of years ago, I needed to be at the airport at 6am and started packing at 4am... surprisingly I didn't forget anything that trip!

Upvote 0

wolf2961

I took a trip to Jacksonville about 6 weeks before our WDW trip & left out the bag, just to make the Disney trip seem closer. I also update our packing list & make notes for next year's trip while this year's is still fresh in our mind. The kids have already sorted through their pins and made a bag of pins that they will trade next year.

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

Definitelet don't ask me. I leave next Thursday and won't start packing until next Wednesday.
Hey, that's not bad compared to my sis in law. She is still packing directly out of the dryer and into the suitcase while the car service is waiting in the driveway to take them to the airport:eek:. She has done this numerous times !

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom