Can I get DDP for 2 year olds?

JenniK

Original Poster
We're traveling in November with 2 year old twins and a 1 year old. My kids EAT - not your typical toddlers. Since they won't need park tickets or anything else, can we still purchase the DDP for them? We'd prefer to have adult DDPs for us, 2 kids ones for the twins, and then the baby can eat from our plates.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rob562

I think the only way to get them the Dining Plan would be to "fib upward" and say that your twins are 3 when you book the package. But by doing so, you'd also need to book them Child park tickets when they normally wouldn't require them.
(I wouldn't see a problem in "lying" like this because you'd actually be paying MORE money for it, rather than the usual age-related fibs where parents say their kids are younger than they really are to avoid having to pay for them...)

So it's up to you as to whether the extra cost is worth it to have them on the DDP, or just pay for their meals out of pocket...

-Rob

JenniK

Original Poster
That's a bummer. Their food is where it would have saved us money. For us, we don't normally order dessert with every dinner, etc. so I am not sure how much ahead we'd come out.

Another question - can you make ADRs without a DDP?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We're traveling in November with 2 year old twins and a 1 year old. My kids EAT - not your typical toddlers. Since they won't need park tickets or anything else, can we still purchase the DDP for them? We'd prefer to have adult DDPs for us, 2 kids ones for the twins, and then the baby can eat from our plates.

You'll have to pay out of pocket, unless, like the other poster mentioned, you said they were 3 years old. That would be so much more expensive then just paying for their meals out of pocket. You and your husband can still be on the DDP. And yes, ADR's can be made if you have or don't have the DDP.

TomHendricks

We just experienced this, no you cannot purchase DDP for under 3yrs old. If you want to, then you would have to pay for entrance to the Parks. It was explained to us, you can't get free entrance and the DDP.

coltow

My 2yo loves his food too. We are going to do mostly buffets or family-style places so then he eats for free. At any other place including counter service you'll have to buy them their meals. Most counter service meals are big enough for at least 2 kids to share.

TURKEY

It's happened more than once to tell Disney your children are 3 to get the dining plan.

Just be prepared to pay for the same type of ticket you are purchasing for the adults. Everyone has to have the same type of ticket.

My guess is that you will spend more money on the tickets + dining plan than you would just buying any meals out of pocket.

D23

We have a 2.5 yr old and a 1 yr old and were thinking of adding her to the DDP. But then I called around all the places we booked ADRs and it was in our best interest in the end to pay for her the extra cost for items and dinners for her than it would have been to add her to the DDP.

Hope that helps. For me callign around for pricing and checking online helped me lay out the marbles.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Unless all your TS ADRs are exclusively at full Table-Service restaurants [no buffets or family-style where they eat what and as much as they like for free] then it is likely too expensive to lie and say they are 3. Park tickets for 3-9 and DDP adds a lot of cost, likely more than paying OOP for a few meals for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom