Can I fit this in before my FP+s?

Mhofeners

Can I get all this done in time for our FP+s (EMH day) or do I need to move some to the afternoon?

Winnie the Pooh
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Under the Sea/Little Mermaid
Maybe snack at Gaston's Tavern?
It’s a small World
Haunted Mansion
Liberty Square Riverboat/Tom Sawyer's Island
Lunch - Columbia HH? Liberty Tree?

1:15-2:15 Peter Pan FP
2:20-3:30 7 Dwarf Mine Train FP

Mukta

Let's say you are at the gates 20 min before RD and you head straight to Fantasyland

Winnie the Pooh - Out by 8:15 am
Dumbo - Out by 8:23 am
Barnstormer - Out by 8:27 am
LM - Out by 8:35 am

Snack - Done by 9

IASW - out by 9:20
HM - Out by 9:35

From there you have all of the time in the world. You have picked short rides with short lines, so you should be fine.

Upvote 0

Mhofeners

Original Poster
YAY!!! I am so thrilled to hear this!!!

I tried to move my FP+ earlier to get us onto rest time earlier but I cannot :(

Any suggestions for fillers with this time frame?

Upvote 0

Mhofeners

Original Poster
And what are your thoughts on the evening plan - assuming we rest until about 5:30 or so and grab some dinner just b4 leaving the contemporary or as soon as we get in the park/are hungry?

Jungle Cruise
Magic Carpets
Tikki/Country Bears/Swiss Family Treehouse/ or if there's anything we didn’t get to in AM
Main St. Electrical Parade FP arrive @ 8:30-8:50
Skip Celebrate the Magic this night?
Wishes Fireworks? Or just dont stress about getting good spot and see what we see (can always focus on this on day 2 in MK - also an EHM night)
Mickey's Philharmagic/Carousel/Tea Party or myabe even a 4th FP if we can get one after MSEP/are up for it

Upvote 0

Mhofeners

Original Poster
And here is my day 2 if you are willing to advise! :)

Space Mountain for oldest & adult/Speedway for Me & littles
Astro Orbiter
Dream Along with Mickey show on Main St?
Jungle Cruise/Magic Carpets
Tikki/Country Bears/Swiss Family Treehouse
Lunch
Buzz FP 12:10
Move It Shake It Dance Party?
Big Thunder FP 1:10 /something else for me & the little boys maybe ride the train, see Toy Story Character, playground
Splash Mountain FP 2:15/something else for me & the little boys maybe ride the train, see Toy Story Character, playground
Festival of Fantasy parade (or just save for another visit)
REST 3-6ish
Additional FP if we were able to get one
Stitch's Great Escape - C & Adult /Incredibles Dance Party with the Littles
Monster Inc Laugh Floor/People Mover/Carousel of Progress (time/interest permitting)
Pete's Silly Sideshow?
845 BOG Dinner
Can we make Celebrate the Magic & if so where is a good spot?
More FP+? or rides we didnt get to since EMH

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

I'm not quite as optimistic as Mukta. Some of the rides you listed can be very hit or miss. Being there at RD on a EMH day will help out greatly but I have seen most of the rides you listed have lines of 30 minutes plus right after open. With the increased traffic over the last 2 years, walk on rides are becoming fewer and fewer. Everybody gets to the park early for 7DMTR and when the line is at 2 hours, 5 minutes after a EMH open they go to other rides creating longer lines everywhere else.

Upvote 0

Mukta

YAY!!! I am so thrilled to hear this!!!

I tried to move my FP+ earlier to get us onto rest time earlier but I cannot :(

Any suggestions for fillers with this time frame?
Take photos. That first hour, you should not stop for anything including pics. Use that later time to take family photos.

Upvote 0

Mukta

I'm not quite as optimistic as Mukta. Some of the rides you listed can be very hit or miss. Being there at RD on a EMH day will help out greatly but I have seen most of the rides you listed have lines of 30 minutes plus right after open. With the increased traffic over the last 2 years, walk on rides are becoming fewer and fewer. Everybody gets to the park early for 7DMTR and when the line is at 2 hours, 5 minutes after a EMH open they go to other rides creating longer lines everywhere else.
Even though the signs say 30 minutes, I have still walked onto all of them that early in the morning. It does depend on the time of year though.

What time of year are you going, @Mhofeners ?

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Even though the signs say 30 minutes, I have still walked onto all of them that early in the morning. It does depend on the time of year though.
@Mhofeners ?
Signs are not reliable until about 30 - 45 minutes after regular open. The do not account for the mad rush that comes in after rope drop. They are also unreliable after parades and fireworks.

We were there in February and we were good to walk on the first ride or two but then things started backing up a bit. Rides like the Haunted Mansion, Little Mermaid, and Winnie the Pooh have started to see larger wait times with people trying to fill in extra time between FP+ reservations. I'm not saying that its going to be 30 to 40 minutes for each one but saying that you can do 4 rides in 25 minutes is setting somebody up for failure. Even first thing in the morning during EMH I would plan on 20-25 minutes for each ride. Once you get to the ride, get through the line and ride it, 20-25 would be pretty realistic. Once the park opens to everybody I would look at 30+ minutes for each ride.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Now that we have said posted wait times can be unreliable...... I often will look at wait times on my MDE app just to see what is going on at any moment.... Sad I know. :)

Upvote 0

Mawg

sorry if this is blunt but it's not meant to be mean. I think you are over planning. Planning the order of rides and what you want to get completed by a time frame is over kill. Just pick an area of the park you want to be in for awhile where you have a Fast Pass for and stay in that area doing things until you are done or need to move on for a dinning reservation or another fast pass. Do your higher priority rides first and then move on to the lower? So many times we have ridden a ride with no wait and the kids just want to keep doing it for awhile until the line is too long. I can see by your groupings that you are really doing it this way and it looks like you should have enough time to do what you want, but it will not go as you planned, you may miss something here or there but you will still have a great time.

Upvote 0

Mhofeners

Original Poster
I know it looks over planned, but trust me - I am about as laid back as they come ;) BUT me & the hubs both struggle big time with indecisiveness lol and I dont want to be meandering with no plan and walking back and forth and missing out bc we didnt "know what to do next". I am more than happy to let the kiddos lead the way (with some guidance).

Upvote 0

Mawg

I know it looks over planned, but trust me - I am about as laid back as they come ;) BUT me & the hubs both struggle big time with indecisiveness lol and I dont want to be meandering with no plan and walking back and forth and missing out bc we didnt "know what to do next". I am more than happy to let the kiddos lead the way (with some guidance).
I really like that you are planning, you're trip will be much more satisfying since you are doing the research ahead of time. It sounds like you are open to changes and you'll need to be. The kids will see a character they want to meet, ride a ride again, see a street performer, need a bathroom or snack, it'll rain, a ride will go down, they or you will get tired and need a break...the plan will not go as planned. But as long as you have a general idea of priorities and locations to tackle at a given time, have made your fast pass reservations and dinning reservations well ahead of time, hit rope drop and stay flexible you will have a great time. I can already tell you will not be one of those that comes back and says, it was horrible, there was nothing to do and the lines were too long and the food was terrible. (speaking of food, this is a topic to do a lot of research on)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom