Can anyone help (question not about WDW)??

MISS MINNIE

Original Poster
Probably more for you in the UK! (no offence)

Today I got home from work and on my doormat was a letter from "UK Consumer Competitions"

I always fill in these consumer questionnaires....

It has now told me I have won a holiday - nothing to buy... It states

"Its guaranteed.. The holiday prize has already been allocated to you"

There are no conditions to fulfil to accept you certificate it is already yours"

It says

"Your certificate is date coded to confirm acceptance you must return your completed certificate within 7 days from the date I receive it"

I can take the holiday any time within 18 months - for two adults

Then there is the certificate that I have to return (it says no promotions - free 7 days for two adults to either Portugal, Canariees or Spain"

Has anyone ever received one of these and if so, is it genuine or is there a con??

Sorry to post this on a Disney board but I thought it was too good to be true (which they usually are)!!:D

Jayne Birmingham UK

Ariel

Hi! Well, I know I'm not from the UK, but we do have things like this here in the US too. Most of the time it's some sort of scam, so I would be careful. Make sure you read the fine print and watch out if there are any long distance phone #'s they might want you to call -there was a big scam like that here a couple of months ago. Anyway, if it's the real thing, that's wonderful!! I would just be careful and read through everything. :)

MISS MINNIE

Original Poster
Help

I always think if it is too good to be true it usually is!!

I am usually very cautious so I am going to bin it:D

I will pay for my holidays at least you know what you are getting:)

Thanks you guys

Nut4Disney

Alot of times in the states, and you can see it on E-Bay now, they will give you free airfare somewhere, but then you have to pay for at least 6 nites lodging at $150 a nite. Caveat Emptor!

MISS MINNIE

Original Poster
Hi Nut4Dis

No this says 7 nights flight plus 7 nights accommodation - no need to buy food at the hotel either!

!!

What gets me is it says that I have won a prize from a consumer survey which is a questionnaire which you post

(I think I will bin it)

Just wondered if anyone else has ever had one??

:)

jay_london

There was a scam running in the uk a few years ago and guess what, it was time share. We had to attend a prize giving gala in the centre of london we were not told what we had one or that it had anything to do with time share. When we got there there were demonstations outside the offices. People were complaining that they had been ripped off, so we didn't go in. Later we found that once in there you were subjected to the most intense hard sell you can imagine. If you want my advice - bin it.

You have been warned. By the way in the uk most of those questionaires, once filled in and returned, will open your mail box to a barage of junk mail and offers of loans etc. they just love to know how much you earn.

jay

M

Mr Lightbeer

This place, you say that it looked like an office, there were people demonstrating outside, people were complaining they had been ripped off,that once inside you were subjected to intense hard sell. Did it have two big golden arches outside in the shape of a big "M". I think I know it well.

Attachments

• animick2.gif
    animick2.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 25

The Mom

Premium Member
I get these "free trip" announcements from time to time. I also used to get phone calls until I registered with the state to be on their "no call" list. The telemarketers were always surprised when I declined their "short presentation" in exchange for a weekend at their resort. Told them I'd rather have a root canal!

Debbie

Dear Abby and Ann Landers have always said if it's too good to be true than it probably is. That happened to me a few months ago and when I started asking questions the rep got nervous. I had "won" a 14 day vacation to Florida and the Bahamas. When I asked if port charges were included they said no. The hotel in the Bahamas was not included. And........... I could have all of this if I would give my credit card number to hold it. I may have been born at nite but not last nite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom