can anyone help me with DisneyQuest Chicago?

primusjim

Original Poster
I work at DisneyQuest and I'm trying to find some info on the short-lived Chicago DQ. I tried to go once a couple of years ago, and it was actually completely filled and they weren't allowing anyone else in. I'd like to see some pictures, maybe a guide map of hear comparisons with the orlando location. Thanks, and appologies if I posted this in the wrong forum.

Erika

I went a couple of times and to be honest, I was pretty disappointed. Our first trip was shortly after it opened and we had a good time; by our next trip, the place had deteriorated. Things were broken; the whole place was dirty. It was very uncharacteristic of a Disney establishment. It really went downhill in an extremely short amount of time.

Figment1986

too bad the Disney Quest thing never taken off like the company hoped it would have... (I remember philidelphia was getting one built but they stooped construction on it before it was Vertical.. Perhaps the company expected too much from it.

StevenT

It's an interesting idea, I really like the one at downtown disney, the only problem is I never go because I'd rather spend my evenings at MK or Epcot. It doesn't suprise me that the one in Chicago failed. I don't really think people understand the concept too well, nor are they willing to pay over $30 to go in what seems like a building that can't hold too much (while in actuality it's huge inside).

Erika

StevenT said:
It's an interesting idea, I really like the one at downtown disney, the only problem is I never go because I'd rather spend my evenings at MK or Epcot. It doesn't suprise me that the one in Chicago failed. I don't really think people understand the concept too well, nor are they willing to pay over $30 to go in what seems like a building that can't hold too much (while in actuality it's huge inside).

I don't think that's the case. The building looked big enough. GameWorks in the suburbs has lasted much longer than DisneyQuest, and that's in a mall setting. DQ just wasn't taken care of very well. Once you add transportation/parking to the price of the ticket, plus the expense of food, for most people, it just made more sense to stick with the other indoor places. There are enough of them around. True, they're not Disney, but when things are broken down and falling apart so soon after opening, it's disheartening.

Computer Magic

Erika said:
I don't think that's the case. The building looked big enough. GameWorks in the suburbs has lasted much longer than DisneyQuest, and that's in a mall setting. DQ just wasn't taken care of very well. Once you add transportation/parking to the price of the ticket, plus the expense of food, for most people, it just made more sense to stick with the other indoor places. There are enough of them around. True, they're not Disney, but when things are broken down and falling apart so soon after opening, it's disheartening.
I highly agree. DQ in Chicago wasn't Disney quality. We went there once and it was in bad shape. If I'm going to drive to Chicago, I want the place to be in good condition. There are alot of quality places to visit where I can spend my money . I was very disappointed as I enjoy DQ in DD...never miss it.

WDWScottieBoy

I went to the one in Chicago but didn't go in the part where the "rides" actually were because they were getting ready to close and we didn't want to spend $35 for being in there 20 minutes. We did go in the gift shop and I bought a pin there, so at least I've got something that can never be found again. I also have some cool pictures of the exterior of the building too. I knew a girl that worked there and it's unfortunate that it went down.

FanofDinsey1981

DMC-12 said:
Its a "Room & Board" store now (like a Bed Bath & Beyond).

These were taken last year... from where I stick my car in the parking garage accross the street:

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/500/886PA180007.JPG

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/500/886PA180006.JPG

acutally, Room & Board is a bit more upscale, and is all furnature. the outside is now white, with two of the 5 stories with outside table areas (to showcase patio furnature.) Think along the lines of a store you might see Thom on Queer Eye for the straight guy take someone into. very styish.

We went into the place one before it closed down, and there were hardly any people there, and many of the rides were broken or shut down. we didn't stay. I found the location to be a bit out of the way, Michigan Ave and STate street is where you find most of your out of town shoppers, and it is a bit off from michigan.

ESPN Zone, on theother hand, has done well, but I Think the concept is vastly different and easier for people to understand.

mikesenger

I actually went to the Chicago one once, and had a good time. The quality wasn't as high as the one at DTD, but for someone stuck in the midwest it did the trick.

mikesenger

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom