Can anyone confirm with bday fun card?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
From another thread, someone was told that they lifted the requirement that your bday fun card needed to be used on your actual bday. Is this true? Or can you use it any time? Can anyone please confirm?

Thanks! :wave:

jasondiff

Originally the plan was to make you use it on your birthday. But because it is a gift card, laws regarding gift cards (especially in California) regulate it, and those laws vary from state to state. I believe that they do not expire.

Upvote 0

Billy6

I got mine on Monday the 26th and the CM in will call said, that it was good until you use all of the value($75.00). Not good for today only. I used it all on Monday, but she clearly said it was good til the value is used.

Upvote 0

mickeyfan1973

It is limited to merchandise, and it can only be in a theme park, not at DTD or any resort. They have a list of suggested merchandise locations on the flyer that they give you with the card (they point you to the big shops at the parks, i.e. the Emporium, Mouse Gear, etc.) They also say that it is at the discretion of the merchandise location whether or not they will accept the fun card as payment (so it may not work in some stores like Mitsukoshi in Japan for example because they are an Operating Participant and not owned by Disney) so before you make your purchase, make sure you ask if they will accept the card.

I was pretty shocked when I read all the rules that came a long with this card. My husband's birthday was Jan 15 so he was the first one in our family to get his. He has not used it yet and the CM said that it does not expire. I was disappointed though that you could not use it for dining. I don't understand why they would not let you do that, the money would still go back to Disney anyway. Oh, well, at least they did not leave the Annual Passholders out in the cold.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Yep, the even changing terms thing is important. As of right now, the card does not need to be used on your B day exclusively, however the terms for this can (and have) change so always be sure to ask. Belle

Upvote 0

SeanC

It is limited to merchandise, and it can only be in a theme park, not at DTD or any resort. They have a list of suggested merchandise locations on the flyer that they give you with the card (they point you to the big shops at the parks, i.e. the Emporium, Mouse Gear, etc.) They also say that it is at the discretion of the merchandise location whether or not they will accept the fun card as payment (so it may not work in some stores like Mitsukoshi in Japan for example because they are an Operating Participant and not owned by Disney) so before you make your purchase, make sure you ask if they will accept the card.

I was pretty shocked when I read all the rules that came a long with this card. My husband's birthday was Jan 15 so he was the first one in our family to get his. He has not used it yet and the CM said that it does not expire. I was disappointed though that you could not use it for dining. I don't understand why they would not let you do that, the money would still go back to Disney anyway. Oh, well, at least they did not leave the Annual Passholders out in the cold.

No dining because they know you are going to eat anyway. You might not buy stuff if money is tight, and AP holders buy less than tourists anyway.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom