Calling all CMs

P-3 FE

Guest: "Does Mickey go to peoples hotel rooms?" :brick:

Years ago while pushing a soft drink cart up and down Main Steet:

Guest: "Can I use my Visa card for a Coke????":brick:

Funny what people will ask. I used to get a lot of really good ones while selling ice cream too.

Guest: "Is there an elevator in the Castle????":brick:

As a former CM, I just used to smile and wish them a magical day!!!!!

PKD

Guest:
Years ago while pushing a soft drink cart up and down Main Steet:

Guest: "Can I use my Visa card for a Coke????":brick:
!!!

What is wrong with that question? A lot of people don't carry cash on them so it would make since. Hince why just about all the carts now have the Credit Card machines.

P-3 FE

Years ago (6-7) none of the carts took credit cards and the soft drink push cart was simply a cart with ice, coke products, and water.
Maybe you had to be there.
Disney keeps progressing.
When I worked there, we had 2 way radios to communicate and order request for re-stocking the cart. Now I think they use Nextel phones. And we could not accept credit cards.:xmas:

PigletIsMyCat

When I worked there, we had 2 way radios to communicate and order request for re-stocking the cart. Now I think they use Nextel phones. And we could not accept credit cards.:xmas:

Correct. All Outdoor Food vendor carts have Nextel radios to order stock, get change, etc. Also, ALMOST all carts are capable of accepting cash, credit/debit with logo, Disney Rewards cards, and Key to the World (room charges) cards. I think there are a couple of roving carts (ie: push soda cart) that are cash only. Don't quote me on that.

Mister Toad

Actually, Mickey USED to visit.

Guest: "Does Mickey go to peoples hotel rooms?" :brick: quote]

Actually, I'm pretty sure he used to. We got married in 1992. On our honeymoon we checked into the Carribean Beach, and hit the parks. When we got back a few hours later, we had an autographed picture with the note "Sorry I missed you" and "Congratulations on your wedding" from Mickey. When I called to front desk, they said that Mickey came to wish us a nice vacation, but we weren't there.

Bummer.

Either the front desk was lying, or your guest was (historically) correct.

PaisleyMF

Correct. All Outdoor Food vendor carts have Nextel radios to order stock, get change, etc. Also, ALMOST all carts are capable of accepting cash, credit/debit with logo, Disney Rewards cards, and Key to the World (room charges) cards. I think there are a couple of roving carts (ie: push soda cart) that are cash only. Don't quote me on that.

True some carts dont accept credit card or other cards in that matter.

Nextel Radios (are glorify Cel Phones with 2 Way radio features) and every department has them from Strollers and Wheelchairs to Outdoor Foods. You may see CM with regular ones and Managers with Blackberry editions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom