California Grill and Fireworks

mrsmtc

Original Poster
Couple questions to determine what time to make ressies for Cali Grill.
  • Do they stop serving at Cali Grill while the fireworks are going? Can we go outside to watch if not by a window?
  • Is it true that if you eat earlier in the day you can come back later to watch the fireworks?

Thanks!

ToTBellHop

No they don't stop serving; yes you can go outside to watch (though your food may get cold).

And yes--show you receipt and they will let you on the elevator to go up.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Couple questions to determine what time to make ressies for Cali Grill.
  • Do they stop serving at Cali Grill while the fireworks are going? Can we go outside to watch if not by a window?
  • Is it true that if you eat earlier in the day you can come back later to watch the fireworks?

Thanks!

I believe you can ask to have your food held until after the fireworks as well.

GoochDSA

As ther others have said, they will work around Wishes if you let them know you plan on watching. About 90 minutes before Wishes is a good time to make an ADR. My wife and I are app, entree and dessert people and we are usually done with our entrees just before Wishes and hold off on dessert until after Wishes, but we order a round of drinks to take out with us.

IMO, I don't care for watching Wishes from CG. Never really have (I do it for the wife). The view isn't really anything special and if it happens to be windy it can get real cold up there, even durring the summer. It's definately not a view worth returning to the restaurant a little later at night to see. You are much better off getting an earlier ADR and then heading to MK after to watch Wishes from MSUSA which is THE best view or get a later ADR for AFTER Wishes and watch from MSUSA before heading over to CR.

DicksonGR

You can. Most of the servers there will ask you if you planned on watching the fireworks. If you answer in the affirmative they will work your meal around them.

Exactly what happened when we were there a few weeks ago ... Had a great table overlooking Magic Kingdom and the server even made sure our wine glasses were full before it began. Dessert came out right after they finished.

Food was good. I though that the meatballs were fantastic, however the fillet was a slight disappointment. Having sampled the teriyaki glazed one previously (I think), I wasn't a fan of the tomato sauce that was on the new one. Thought it tasted like cheap ready meal sauce. The quality of steak was excellent though. Jiko won this year though ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom